:evil: :evil: :evil: OOkkay so here we go 1this may sound really weird but try to stay with me my friends video card is acting weird like discoloured and in 16 bit butHE CANNOT GO INTO THE SETINGS AND JUST CHAGE TO 32 BITi tould him that i looked in trubble shooting and lets just say there aim is pretty bad ....HELP ME HELP ME PLEASE ITS SO WEIRD!!! :!:
____ that what it look like ( msn camera ... not me so dont think of it ...
V

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

More information is needed to give you assistance.
What operating system (Win 98, Win XP, etc.)?
What type of computer & processor?
How much and what type of RAM?
What type of video card (Make & model number)?
Did the user do anything just before the problem showed up (add/remove software, upgrade the operating system, install a new video card or a new monitor, etc...)?
Is the video display the only thing you notice that is operating or displaying incorrectly?
Anything else???

If the video is like this all the time i recommend updating the video card drivers, if this only happens through the cam look for configuration settings for the video card in the control panel or your camera software...
:cool:

:evil: :evil: :evil: OOkkay so here we go 1this may sound really weird but try to stay with me my friends video card is acting weird like discoloured and in 16 bit butHE CANNOT GO INTO THE SETINGS AND JUST CHAGE TO 32 BITi tould him that i looked in trubble shooting and lets just say there aim is pretty bad ....HELP ME HELP ME PLEASE ITS SO WEIRD!!! :!:
____ that what it look like ( msn camera ... not me so dont think of it ...
V

K i got a Windows 98 ill tell u how this happened becuase i no it will help ...I reformated my comp and i still used the 98 cd and i accendentaly partitioned everthing and i lost all my drivers the 1's i need are .... ( i went to all the in hardware devices and in other devices i got ..CMI8330/C3D Audio Adapter (it says that 4 times) PCI Multimedia Video Device and PCI Communication Device

PLZ help me :D

ps ;) heh soory i didnt tell u b4

OK, you have a Sound Pro CMi8330/C3D Audio Adapter. You can find the driver you need at http://www.DriverGuide.com where you will have to register (free). After you register, go to http://list.driverguide.com/list/company969/index.html where you will find all of Sound Pro's products. Scroll down to your CMi8330/C3D Audio Adapter and click on it. You can download the driver from here. Or...Another source for device drivers is http://www.driverzone.com/index.html.

k imma try that right after i do this but now mby u cna help me! ... same problem as him x cept i fixed my sound card by my self but i still got this in OTher devices and i think its my video card cuz when i go to play :twisted: diablo 2 exp :twisted: it say proper video card not detected blah blah blah
but he needs the video card 1 more than the sound altho im sure he'll want this but can u give me the video 1

The "Other Device" is " Video Controller (vga Compatible)

so once agen Help ! :)

If Windows isn't automatically detecting the video card, you will have to tell us the exact make and model # of the card before we can tell you where to get the drivers for it.

Knowing the exact make and model of the computer itself will help too.

Also - could you please type in full, complete sentences? We're a tech support forum, not a chat room. Making your posts as clear and concise as possible is important if you want us to help you most efficiently and quickly.

Also - could you please type in full, complete sentences? We're a tech support forum, not a chat room. Making your posts as clear and concise as possible is important if you want us to help you most efficiently and quickly.

AMEN to that! I'm still trying to figure out what he said. :)

Common you should understand .... k i have the following problems Agen .... The Video Card and the Sound Card DOES NOT WORK on the Windows 98 ... this was a built computer so im not sure what it is called .....

k now for my prob i got a Hp pavillion 540 N and i reformated and my video card does not work

Common you should understand ....

Sorry, but the language of your posts aren't common here. :rolleyes:

Common you should understand .... k i have the following problems Agen .... The Video Card and the Sound Card DOES NOT WORK on the Windows 98 ... this was a built computer so im not sure what it is called .....

k now for my prob i got a Hp pavillion 540 N and i reformated and my video card does not work

I had the same problem with video card when my friend was using WIN 98. All I had to do was update the drivers for video card, sound card and webcams. Then I checked for WIN 98 updates. Everything works after that.

And How Did u do that??

I collected all the names of what make and model of those video card and sound card etc.. And went to whatever the name is to download the updated drivers from their website. If you cant find the websites to those stuffs, You can find most of the drivers for just about anything at WWW.Driversguide.com. Then after all that. I also checked for WIN 98 updates and made sure it's all updated. Everything worked fine after that.

ok, let us make this easy.. Here is a link to the drivers for your machine
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=77419&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=7&submit.x=4&lang=en&cc=us
good luck and this should work, i went to the hp site and looked for your model #
:lol:

I collected all the names of what make and model of those video card and sound card etc.. And went to whatever the name is to download the updated drivers from their website. If you cant find the websites to those stuffs, You can find most of the drivers for just about anything at WWW.Driversguide.com. Then after all that. I also checked for WIN 98 updates and made sure it's all updated. Everything worked fine after that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.