uhmmm... hello,
I am a 1st yr. college student of IT, and I am curious how to became a white-hat hacker. I am interested to know about it. As of now, our subject is just all about programming c++ and IT 1 fundamentals.. Well it is easy for me to learn that, and I had a lot of experience in using computer, trouble shooting of virus infections, etc. But I don't know yet how to hack or do some secrets in computer.. If I'm going to be a hacker,
I promised I don't want to be a black-hat hacker.. Can anyone give me some tips?? Thanks..:)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

>>Can anyone give me some tips??
Lots of practice. Learn everything you can about hardware and operating systems.

I wanna know what software or application used by the hackers. How they can access to other computer, How virus made, etc.

>>How they can access to other computer, How virus made, etc.
Starting to sound pretty black-hat to me... Just sayin'

yah, sounds like black-hat. But how could you be a white-hat if you do not know about your enemy.

Do what Ancient Dragon suggested and practice. I'll add this: read. I'll add this as well: You won't get too much information by asking people "how to become a hacker", and you won't be taken seriously.

well... if that is. I'll try tu study more about hardwares and OS. Thanks a lot :)

uhmmm... hello,
I am a 1st yr. college student of IT, and I am curious how to became a white-hat hacker. I am interested to know about it. As of now, our subject is just all about programming c++ and IT 1 fundamentals.. Well it is easy for me to learn that, and I had a lot of experience in using computer, trouble shooting of virus infections, etc. But I don't know yet how to hack or do some secrets in computer.. If I'm going to be a hacker,
I promised I don't want to be a black-hat hacker.. Can anyone give me some tips?? Thanks..:)

You cannot be expert in everything and if you try to, you will become expert in nothing!
If you want to be good at Programming, choose three or four language (Start with one, increasing) which you will learn. One of them should be your primary one. Then keep practicing and eventually start/Join OSS project

If on other hand you wanna be a security hacker, it will take you another route, and so If you want to be OS hacker et al. All in all it takes perseverance and a lot of practice to be good in anything learnable

>I am curious how to became a white-hat hacker.
Not many people in the know will trust that your intentions are benign. So my advice is to become a black hat first. Roll with other black hats and learn from them, but don't delve so deeply that you do any real damage (lest you really become a black hat). Then you can use your skills for the forces of good. The only difference between a black hat and a white hat is intent. Black hats destroy and attack, white hats create and defend.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.