Now I know this is going to be a little off topic but, out of the people here who have gone to college and have a degree in Web Development and to what degree is your education.

I'm asking this because I am going to college soon either for Computer Science (BS Degree) or Web Development (AA Degree). I'd like to settle for web development as I'm already pretty good at it now. (I'm not very good at math on the other hand) but I see at SNIP that most computer jobs require a Bachelors degree.

I just wanted to get an "idea" of where I'd stand with both from somebody already in the field.

Thank's very much for your time in reading this off topic subject and for your feed back

I see at SNIP that most computer jobs require a Bachelors degree.

That's boilerplate these days, but a stronger degree will certainly help you get an interview when your resume is in a stack.

I just wanted to get an "idea" of where I'd stand with both from somebody already in the field.

I only have an AA degree, and don't feel it's hurt my career at all. That said, I also haven't used headhunters or websites to apply for my jobs; I've always had an "in" through networking.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.