I need to replace the CD-RW drive on a PowerMac G3. Does anyone know where I could get one of the following drives?:

Yamaha CRW4260, Yamaha CRW2260, or Ricoh MP6200

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I have ALOT ot old Hardware.. what do you need??
Let me tell you off the top of my head what i got, I can then go home and show pictures too...
but I got OLD 15" monitor
keybords,
old case, with MB, 486 processor, etc.
got Ribbon cables, fans, and new stuff too...
is there something in general you need??

I need one of these three CD-RW drives: Yamaha CRW4260, Yamaha CRW2260, or Ricoh MP6200

Hello,

CAREFUL! Older Apple Hardware had a special ROM chip on the device, so that it would work properly with other apple hardware, and to keep the machine more closed. There are software extensions available to get around this limitation, however.

Christian

How old would you like it? Hmm.. let's see.

Me, " This RAMM chip model is ... "experimental stone-age" version 1 <-- :O --> Wow that's fast Holy smokes it only took 30 minutes to start. "

Friend, " I know like totally dude. I can't wait to see when we can get it to down to 25 minutes "

---
In the market for old hardware. Or more current ?

Thanks all for your replies, and sorry for not getting back sooner. As it turns out, one of the hardware techs at my job was able to fix the old drive and we were able to save the data from it. I'll keep your info. and suggestions for future referencet though.
JSB

Just a quick heads-up on the Mac CD drives-- a lot of times, they're just standard IDE drives. I've had luck getting ATA drives (CD and hard drive) working well on just about every model of Mac I've used that's had an ATA connector, from the old LC series Macs, up to B&W G3 machines.

Thanks Alex!
JSB

i have a non used never had anyinformation inside of it., still with its original documents an external 80GB USB2.0 2MB Cache 7200 RPM.

Thanks c0mp87. I'm no longer on the search, but i'll keep that in mind for future reference.

what kind of new stuff do you have?

I have ALOT ot old Hardware.. what do you need??
Let me tell you off the top of my head what i got, I can then go home and show pictures too...
but I got OLD 15" monitor
keybords,
old case, with MB, 486 processor, etc.
got Ribbon cables, fans, and new stuff too...
is there something in general you need??

what kind of new stuff do you have

what kind of new stuff do you have

Do you have mod stuff like LED fans and cooolers, trans ribbons etc ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.