hi
i'm a computer science student and i'm working to build a web service like "Google free online survey" it should not be exactly like this but its free and do service that all need but i couldn't figure out yet what it should be can i anyone help me to decide and give me any idea ..... And please please please do reply even if its not an idea but do leave a suggestion thanks

happygeek commented: do not post the same question across different forums +0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I'm confused, so you want to create a free web service that does something that people need done, and you DO or DON'T want it to be surveys? Sorry for the confusion.

I'm confused, so you want to create a free web service that does something that people need done, and you DO or DON'T want it to be surveys? Sorry for the confusion.

thanks for replying...

no actually i want some free service like survey's one but not replica, what i need is genuine and totally new concept and that i lack ..., so i need an idea or a concept to do so

First, you should be aware of the resources required. Once you have this in mind, that's a great start.

First, you should be aware of the resources required. Once you have this in mind, that's a great start.

we've a team of 5 people studying computer science, now we want to make a final project in the field of web development and we want to put that service on-line so what should be that ....?

You can simply develop your application and its database and get a hosting company. You need to find out from the hosting company if they support your version of DBMS before you make any payments.

"...what i need is genuine and totally new concept and that i lack."

New concepts and original ideas aren't easy to come by. If you want to develop something new in terms of an online survey service, you could do a detailed review of existing survey services and list what you like and don't like about each one. You could also look at the markets that are served and the way they are delivered. In the end, you have to find some unsatisfied needs that you can potentially address.

A really new concept might be a totally different way of doing a survey other than going through a series of questions like a traditional survey. I don't know exactly what that would be but it might be a lot more visual and it might not have any questions in the traditional way. It might be a lot more entertaining so more people would actually want to do it.

If you want to actually get into the creativity part to come up with some new and possibly radical ideas, I suggest that you look at some of the work of Edward De Bono on Creativity and Lateral Thinking. One key concept is the "po" statement where you make a very challenging / illogical statement and then brainstorm around that to generate ideas. Create thinking needs to break out of what is normal and what has been done before and the "po" statement is a device for doing that. In this case, a "po" statement could be something like:

"What if a survey had no questions"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.