Is there any software out there, where an IT person can design a form in a form-builder application whether it be a web-interface or a program where they can add input fields with functions that work like the asp.net form wizard in MS Frontpage, in which allows the IT person to design the basic form or forms, then save the files on their computer, to install the files to a web server and make the form work in an intranet, and the data from the forms submitted to the database, and the results view-able by e-mail or a web interface. Or is there a developer out there that can make something like this work, Cause I have googled and googled till I passed out researching software and I'm and just soo so tired of looking through business scams, spams, and just add-ware or online websites that charge a monthly fee for what I'm looking for; when I can just pay a developer a onetime price and host the app on my own server.

I have examples, screen shots, website examples and other material that will maybe explain what I need better than this post. And if this is not posted in the correct area, instead of flaming on about it, please inform me of the correct section to post this thread, or the correct method to go about this.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Or you may want to go ahead and toil for around one year learning server-side scripts, PHP/MySQL, HTML, CSS, etc. etc. If you're learning, though, do visit

http://www.w3schools.com/

If you wanna search for someone who can do this, then, search.

Oh, and Google does provide an excellent form builder that's somewhere inside Google Docs.

http://support.google.com/docs/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=87809

Yeah but Google docs takes the "intranet" part out of this cause we are then relying on a third party online software that relies on Google docs being online and defeats the whole purples of making an intranet. An intranet will always work as long as the internal network is up, wheres actual websites/web servers can go down at anytime.

these images here:

Entries:

http://speedcap.net/img/481cf51098dc26179dc81ef835339574/12104eea.png

Details/Results

http://speedcap.net/img/481cf51098dc26179dc81ef835339574/b61dc9e4.png

are basically how I would like it to look, but that's in php and the forms already built, and are not editable to my knowledge, so I need a software or a developer to help me.

Don't use Google Docs then! Even Excel provides a similar functionality - use it and implement over your intranet!

commented: This post has nothing to do with my topic +0

Don't use Google Docs then! Even Excel provides a similar functionality - use it and implement over your intranet!

But you can't make a web interface read an Excel file, and display the data like I showed you in one of those pictures, Look I been down that road of using all of Microsoft programs and most of them require share-point servers, which is also Microsoft, which every one knows Microsoft is just out their to rob you of your money. If you read above I said I already searched Google, there for i saw Google docs, Microsoft office and all the lame stuff out there. Tired of searching that's why I'm here. To get help from some of these developers, not some noob telling me stuff I already know, because he/she is too lazy to give some actual good information.

commented: You'd better contro your tone. Be polite, I'm wasting my time trying to help you. +0
commented: And you accuse dantinkakkar of being abusive when the only person getting abusive in this thread is you! +0

Is there any software out there, where an IT person can design a form in a form-builder application whether it be a web-interface or a program where they can add input fields with functions that work like the asp.net form wizard in MS Frontpage, in which allows the IT person to design the basic form or forms, then save the files on their computer, to install the files to a web server and make the form work in an intranet, and the data from the forms submitted to the database, and the results view-able by e-mail or a web interface. Or is there a developer out there that can make something like this work, Cause I have googled and googled till I passed out researching software and I'm and just soo so tired of looking through business scams, spams, and just add-ware or online websites that charge a monthly fee for what I'm looking for; when I can just pay a developer a onetime price and host the app on my own server.

I have examples, screen shots, website examples and other material that will maybe explain what I need better than this post. And if this is not posted in the correct area, instead of flaming on about it, please inform me of the correct section to post this thread, or the correct method to go about this.

And just WHERE have you mentioned? I cannot see either MS or G-Docs.

And just WHERE have you mentioned? I cannot see either MS or G-Docs.

"MS" "Frontpage", in which allows the IT person to design the basic form or forms....

Cause I have "googled and googled" till I passed out researching software and I'm and just soo so tired of looking....

Right there! in your face, if I Googled and Googled then obviously i must have ran into Google docs, also if i tried MS Front page that must have meant that I've been to excel and ms database.... Commonsense, and please stop flaming my topic, if you don't have nothing nice or informational to say then don't! End of convo.

commented: nobody is flaming 'your' topic - they are offering advice +0
commented: agree +0

"MS" "Frontpage", in which allows the IT person to design the basic form or forms....

Cause I have "googled and googled" till I passed out researching software and I'm and just soo so tired of looking....

Alright, no mention of Google docs. No mention of Excel.

End of convo. You flamed your own thread.

commented: don't blame you +0

Sounds like you need to google for "form builder". What you describe is something like Wufoo, Idega or Orbeon, but then hosted internally. An open source CMS like WebsiteBaker has it too. A narrower search can be performed if you know what platform you prefer to use.

commented: Helpful and positive post. +0
commented: at last, a sensible answer. +0

Sounds like you need to google for "form builder". What you describe is something like Wufoo, Idega or Orbeon, but then hosted internally. An open source CMS like WebsiteBaker has it too. A narrower search can be performed if you know what platform you prefer to use.

I agree, I don't really know how to narrow the search maybe I'm using the wrong keywords, but i used "Database software, Database forms, Php form maker, and a few others". But yes something like Wufoo and jotforms, but hosted internally.

What do you mean by "platform" preferred to use?

Platform means the kind of software you want to run it on, Apache/PHP or IIS/ASP.NET for example. If you know which you want to use, you can narrow the search for that. Paid or open source is another choice to make.

Would like to use php, just hard finding the programs that can use a design interface, because I can't code/write code in php. So I have to either find a php programmer or continue my endless search through google I'm IT a college i research this stuff day in and day out, and the best i can find are not worth investing our time and money into...

I've looked at "GOOGLE DOCS, MS OFFICE PROGRAMS, wufoo, jotforms, etc... the closest I could find is : Simfatic Forms 3.2, which has the design interface and everything we need but it doesn't give an admin site to it, to view the data file in like a results page.

What about a CMS like WebsiteBaker? I've read it has a form builder included.

What about a CMS like WebsiteBaker? I've read it has a form builder included.

Hmm.. I'll look into this Thanks pritaeas, I appreciate your help.

@.kaine and @dantinkakkar stop down-voting each other posts or I will take out my "moderator stick" and start beating each of you.

@.kaine if the answer is not what you expected that means that you did not explain your problem properly

@dantinkakkar if someone is refusing your help you better decide if you want to continue discussion

End of story!

commented: Yo! =D Sorry, peter +0
commented: some sense finally +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.