Once again my school laptop has failed me. I downloaded UltraSurf and tried to run it at my house, where it connected 100%. I came to school, the place I was always going to use it, and it could never go past 99.9% connection. I realised it wasn't working, so I exited it and tried to vist some webpages with Google Chrome, but I could not connect to any sites, so I restarted. When I logged back on, my computer said it could not detect any networks. I ran the troubleshooter and all the connections came back and I logged onto the school's one. Once again though, Google Chrome would not work. I then opened Skype and Bittorrent, and realised that these were working perfectly and were connecting to the internet. I tested Opera, Firefox, and even Netscape Navigator. Internet Explorer was the only one that even partially worked, as when I started it it went to the intranet homepage, which updated while I was there. So I preformed a virus scan, and it has revealled no problems. After this, I deleted Ultrasurf and tried again for no result. I restarted once more, and had the same result, so I decided to try the last possibility, and started up Tor, which I am using right now. (I got Ultrasuft as a replacement for Tor, as Tor dosen't support Flash.) Tor connected and worked perfectly with connecting me with a new I.P adress.

I would take my computer to the tech guys to have it fixed, but I want to use this as a last resort as they would reinstall windows, and I can't have that happening as my computer is filled with GB's of downloading torrents and other software such as Skype that II will have to back up. I can only go without using Flash and using Tor for so long, as Tor won't even work half the time. I can't install software, but I can install it to a USB, then move the files to my desktop and run it from there, as my computer forbids opening of .exe's from anyware except the desktop.
Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Why are you using Ultrasurf ? Has your school blocked some sites or what ? By the way, Ultrasurf is a good proxy software but it works after 100% connectivity. If it is not working, go to settings and select proxy settings to "Auto detect proxy".

I DONT CARE I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE MY WEB BROWSERS WORK THATS WHAT I ASKED BUT THANKS ANYWAY

Okay so now I've got home and my broweser works here, so I wonder what was wrong at the school's I.P adress.

hello any help with a http 501 error

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.