Member Avatar for diafol

There's a cable channel for BBC in the states

+1 Good to know. Not sure if it's BBC1 though.

Scotland all the way.

In that case, watch the last youtube link.

Alba! Alba! Alba!

It's called "BBC America", I watch it frequently, especially like Dr Who, Merlin and Top Gear.

Member Avatar for diafol

+1 Excellent AD!

Got this blurb from BBC America site:

BBC America Match Schedule
Don’t miss the legendary rugby tournament featuring England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Italy and Wales as they vie for the championship. Here are the matches that will air live on BBC America throughout February and March:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/six-nations-rugby-championship/bbc-america-match-schedule/

It's a shame that televise those games so late at night. On second thought, maybe they are shown live (6 hour difference between CST (where I live) and GMT).

I hope you are sitting down <MICHAEL> as this may come as something of an eye-opener.
The England team is called.....
..... erm, England :)

@happygeek, well what do you know?

Member Avatar for LastMitch

+1 Good to know. Not sure if it's BBC1 though.

I didn't know there's another channel. I thought it was 1 channel.

It's called "BBC America", I watch it frequently, especially like Dr Who, Merlin and Top Gear.

Thanks. I knew there was a channel for BBC didn't know what it call til you mention it BBC America.

It's a shame that televise those games so late at night. On second thought, maybe they are shown live (6 hour difference between CST (where I live) and GMT).

You're right it's a 6 or 7 hour differences.

I'm in EST but for you are in CST so that's 7 hours not 6 hours.

There are far too many BBC channels these days. Off the top of my head we have: BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC News 24, CBBC (Children's BBC) and CBeebies (Very Small Children's BBC).

CBeebies (Very Small Children's BBC).

That would make it the BaByC instead of the BeeBeeCee

Is BBC still commercial-free like it was when I was there in the 1970s? At that time everyone with a TV had to have a license to watch bbc and a government vehicle would drive around the neighborhoods with radar detectors checking on who has and has not a license.
Member Avatar for diafol

Still commercial free. No radar dishes any more. Licensing applies. Mind, it's a bit galling to pay it when you pay satellite tv on top, and almost never watch BBC! However, the radio channels are good and no commercials on those either.

Yeah but you're TV lisence pays for the little VT's like the one of hippos swimming around which. I'm sure one of those cose £10,000 to make. I'd rather do without and have a cheaper TV lisence tbh.

Ireland are going into the Scotland game at Murrayfield without Sexton, Zebo (injuries) & Healy (suspension). McCarthy is rated doubtful, and Sean O'Brien (tight hamstring) is being monitored.. that's a good number of players to loose... I fancy Scotlands chances.

I fancy Scotlands chances.

Aye!

I vote England and Scotland! (sorry for being late....)

grammarisgooder, your not late... you may feel that your late due to the fact that i know NOTHING about rugby :)

Next week the games are back:

Italy v Wales

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/7991.php?section=overview&fixid=153770

I think Italy is too much for Welsh. I think Welsh can fit into those stuffed shells.

England v France

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/7991.php?section=overview&fixid=153771

I think England gonna get French Toast by the French. It's gonna be a upset.

Scotland v Ireland

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/7991.php?section=overview&fixid=153772

I think the Irish might have to buy a dozens a round for Scotish on St. Patty day.

Those are my prediction.

I vote England and Scotland! (sorry for being late....)

Aye for the Scotish!

Nay for the English!

LOL, and so they all train to come play REAL rugby against the Springboks and Aussies. We usauly do let the world sort themselves and then throw the challenge out there to come play real rugby. (OUCH - a few feet stepped on now, I know) ;)

AndreRet, you missed out the All Blacks (New Zealand for those who don't follow Rugby,) then crush everyone...

Australia have looked very weak of late, and England totally dismantled the All Blacks in that last international.

As for South Africa, well the Boks are a pale shadow of their former selves as well: some of the more interesting scorelines from the past six months or so include
Argentina 16 - South Africa 16
New Zealand 21 - South Africa 11
South Africa 16 - New Zealand 32

Sure they won the internationals over here, but a big win against Scotland isn't a hard task, and that 16-12 against Ireland was hardly convincing not to mention the 16-15 win over England which was a scrape at best.

Member Avatar for diafol

Here we go again... everybody's crap, except for...

Let's rubbish all the little teams with piddling numbers of players.
SA and England should win everything by 100 points. But they don't. That's a considerable lifetime underachievement IMO: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yeSN53py7PI/TmXJ4UMiD1I/AAAAAAAAAgs/54kHw_zo9AY/s1600/IRB+Player+Numbers.jpg

C'mon. It's warming up! Parisse banned for 30 days. Can Italy fire against Wales without him, or will they go bonkers and play out of their skins in desperation?

SA and England should win everything by 100 points.

2 million Rugby Englishmen that's alot of players.

I think AndreRet & G_Waddell is right regarding about Springboks and Aussies and All Black.

They are in the league of their own.

Their playing level is high. How can any team play that kind of level.

I really can't believe they are playing better the England and of course crush my Scot's.

Member Avatar for diafol

2.5 million players includes women, veterens and children.

2.5 million players includes women, veterens and children.

OK, I mis-read it. That's for the correction

Member Avatar for diafol

OK here it is (Senior Male Players), in thousands:

1) England 167
2) South Africa 110
3) France 110
4) Japan 53
5) Australia 39
6) USA 36
7) New Zealand 27
8) Ireland 25
9) Wales 22
10) Italy 16

Of course, it's not just down to bare numbers. Structure, finance, development, team density / geography (and a hundred other little things) have a lot to do with it.

I always thought that Australia and South Africa had the most players...?

I always thought that Australia and South Africa had the most players...?

Where did get that idea?

Of course, it's not just down to bare numbers. Structure, finance, development, team density / geography (and a hundred other little things) have a lot to do with it.

Oh, that is messed up.

How come there are more Welsh and Irish players than the Scotish players?

I mean Wales and Ireland and Scotland are right next to each other.

It's a conspiracy.

Where did get that idea?

It was just a guess that i had, I always thought it was their national sport....

It was just a guess that i had, I always thought it was their national sport....

You might be right.

I think South Africa main sports is Rugby / Soccer

I'm not sure about Australia they do have alot of sports.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.