I hope the US will make it and of course Scotland and most likely Italy will make the cut to the FIFA.

Since when was US ever good at soccer? All we have is a good womens team...

Member Avatar for diafol

Aw guys, stop polluting this thread with talk of soccer. Anyway WTF? loan international players to another international team? Were you serious?

commented: I was just about to say the same :) +0
commented: sorry, my fault +0

Were you serious?

Yep :)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

loan international players to another international team?

I mean it does happend. Rarely not often. I think Beckham was trade to the Madrid team. That was a long time ago. But you're right. We shouldn't get off topic with rugby.

Beckham was traded to Real Madrid for quite a while and then he went onto the Galaxy team. I heard he got traded again for 2013. But who cares, he is just a good player that makes a good amount of money modeling and soccer playing.

But anyways... lets get back to rugby (which i still don't understand, but some what like to watch clips of it on youtube)!

Member Avatar for diafol

Well for a nice clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOXwCZG-eqA

How rugby can be played by men (and women!) of all shapes and sizes. This clip shows one of rugby's most talented players, Shane Williams, who sadly for Wales retired from the international scene and is currently playing semi-pro in Japan.

But anyways... lets get back to rugby (which i still don't understand, but some what like to watch clips of it on youtube)!

Rubgy is like football a little

just without equipment.

I understand that part... i just don't know the rules ;)

It's not as hard as baseball (which is my favorite sport).

Rubgy is base on these:

Try to score = 5 points.

After the score, the team kick:

Conversion goal = 2 points.

These are for kicking:

Penalty goal = 3 points.
Drop goal = 3 points.

I find Six Nation fun because it's 5 games and you can talk alot of trash during the 2 and half months.

2 and half months! Boy this thread is going to get big...

2 and half months! Boy this thread is going to get big...

You mean talking trash?

it's only 2 games left.

The games are every 2 weeks so it's like 10 weeks.

Oh, I thought HappyGeek created this thread on the very first game ;)

I did, and the games are not every two weeks:

Round 1 - 2nd/3rd Feb
Round 2 - 9th/10th Feb
Round 3 - 23rd/24th Feb
Round 4 - 9th/10th March
Round 5 - 16th March

This maybe a stupid question (but this the main reason why I watch this sport on youtube) but what was the best injury so far...?

There is no such thing as a 'good' injury in any sport, and therefore there can be no 'best' injury.

And, yes, it was a very stupid question...

Me and my best mate make a point of watching every game, only one problem, I'm from the east of England and he's from north Wales. You can imagine what England vs Wales games are like on our campus lol

Member Avatar for diafol

I'm from the east of England and he's from north Wales

My God, even Gogs supporting rugby!

You can imagine what England vs Wales games are like on our campus lol

I really can. There's certainly no love lost there.

And, yes, it was a very stupid question...

I knew you'd say that...

I did, and the games are not every two weeks:

I lost track of time.

Me and my best mate make a point of watching every game, only one problem, I'm from the east of England and he's from north Wales.

@mattster

After Scotland win over Wales this weekend.

I'm rooting for Wales to beat England the following week.

So you have to shallow your pride and let your mate win that's what friends are for.

So Scotland will be KING after all.

My grandparents have had an old cottage in western scotland (Dumfries and Galloway) for years, its amazing up there, so no problem if Scotland win the lot (the scottish also have the coolest accent ever!

Member Avatar for diafol

@LM

Although it's mathematically possible for Scotland to win the 6N - it's extremely improbable. The points difference is insurmountable IMO. Unless Scotland can beat Wales and Wales can beat England by record scores, we're looking at Scotland finishing 2nd or 3rd. They also have to beat France - and that's not a given, regardless of France's current form. I fancy France to beat both Ireland and Scotland in their remaining games.

Although it's mathematically possible for Scotland to win the 6N - it's extremely improbable.

1% of hoping to win it all is not as bad 99% not winning.

I fancy France to beat both Ireland and Scotland in their remaining games.

I don't think France will beat Ireland but Ireland will win in a close game.

I don't think Ireland can choke for 2 straight games. The first one letting Scotland will at the last few minutes.

If I remember.

Sam Warburton will not captain Wales against Scotland.

I don't think he's 100% back yet.

As each day goes by I feel the Scotland have a chance.

Owen Farrell will not play against Italy.

This one is a long shot if Italy grid out the whole game and make it a low score game.

Italy has been having trouble scoring but Italy has a chance.

Ireland hopefully bounce back and win against the France.

You need to take your medication mate.

Scotland have no chance, absolutelty none, zilch and zip, of winning the 6N. Now, or in the foreseeable future...

Member Avatar for diafol

Now, or in the foreseeable future...

Bit harsh HG? True though.

Sorry for this irrelevant post but diafol... why does it say featured right under your moderator "badge"?

<MICHAEL> it means that someone has been a 'member of the month' in the DaniWeb Digest, and so gets a 'Freatured Poster' badge.

<diafol> I hate saying it but, as much as like the spirit often shown by both the Scots and the Italians, the technical side of the game just isn't up to scratch and shows no real evidence of getting up to scracth either. Something needs to change before either side could be truly said to be ready not only to play with the big boys but to beat them game after game.

@happygeek, where can I find the member of the momth page? and how long has it been around?

There is no MotM page. The feature is part of the DaniWeb Digest (newsletter) that is sent by email to every registered member on a monthly basis and has been for the last five or six years now - I actually cannot recall the exact year that I started writing it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.