I'm not sure about Australia they do have alot of sports.

I have heard that Australlia has womans football (american football).

Member Avatar for diafol

It was just a guess that i had, I always thought it was their national sport....

Rugby is a minority sport in nearly every country, save some Southern hemisphere countries - NZ, SA and a number of Pacific Islands. Football (soccer) is probably the majority sport (including Wales and Scotland). Some countries have their own big sports too, like Aussie No Rules and Hurling / Gaelic Football. Cricket and Rugby League (as opposed to Rugby Union) are also big hitters in a number of the countries listed.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Rugby is a minority sport in nearly every country, save some Southern hemisphere countries - NZ, SA and a number of Pacific Islands. Football (soccer) is probably the majority sport (including Wales and Scotland). Some countries have their own big sports too, like Aussie No Rules and Hurling / Gaelic Football. Cricket and Rugby League (as opposed to Rugby Union) are also big hitters in a number of the countries listed.

Wow, you are good.

Member Avatar for diafol
Round Three

SAT
Italy 9 - 26 Wales (terrible game, not worth watching, other than for Leigh Halfpenny's kicking)
England - France (Le Crunch - should be good - Allez Les Bleus!!! C'mon France for ####'s sake)

BTW somebody shoot the commentators / presenters - Gabby Yorath, Jonathon Davies, John Inverdale and Jeremy Guscott aren't just poor, they're embarrassing.

SUN
Scotland - Ireland (Another Celtic clash 0 should be good)

BTW somebody shoot the commentators / presenters - Gabby Yorath, Jonathon Davies, John Inverdale and Jeremy Guscott aren't just poor, they're embarrassing.

Are they one of those commentators that don't know anything, like most commentators?

Member Avatar for diafol

@30:00 Fofana try with Parra conv. C'mon!!

Eng 6 - 10 Fra

@34:00 Farrell pen. Boo!!

Eng 9 - 10 Fra

Italy 9 - 26 Wales (terrible game, not worth watching, other than for Leigh Halfpenny's kicking)

I agree! The first half wasn't to terrible, but then Italy surrendered o_o

Italy 9 - 26 Wales

Was it over before the half?

There's goes my first perdiction. It's way off.

Eng 9 - 10 Fra

That is a close score.

Member Avatar for diafol

Full time

Eng 23 - 13 Fra

:(

Eng 23 - 13 Fra

It was a close game.

There's goes my second perdiction. It was close.

Italy 9 - 26 Wales
Was it over before the half?

No, it was 6 - 9 at the end of the first, then Italy made one error after another...

No, it was 6 - 9 at the end of the first, then Italy made one error after another...

20 unanswer points. That's really frustrating.

Member Avatar for diafol

Italy were poor, Wales were marginally better. France were better, England showed some class in the second half.

France need a new coach - he took off France's best players in what looked like a pre-planned move. Where the hell to they find these idiots? Many of the French coaches have been player idols of mine from the 70s-90s, but very few have had the slightest clue. Wales won, but I feel quite despondent.

Forza Azzurri per la prossima settimana!

Scotland won a close game against the Ireland.

12 to 8 is really close game 5 points can make a differences.

1 out of 3 aint that bad.

Got 1 prediction right.

I guess the Irish gonna buy a round for Scotish on St. Patty day.

Member Avatar for diafol

score1 Ireland should have won by a big score. This result was totally against the run of play. Just goes to show - never give up. Well done the Jocks. That's really shaken up the table.

Scotland v Wales now means a lot more. Still, can't see England blowing the Championship - they should put a cricket score on Italy, which will make the Wales v England game academic. France must be in a panic - they'll need wins over the remaining Celts to avoid the possibility of a Wooden Spoon.

which will make the Wales v England game academic

There was a few lines in this film: Seven Psychopaths

It's between Marty (Colin Farrell) and Hans (Christopher Walken):

This scene is about Hans seeing his wife:

Hans: My wife is sitting on a chair someplace. Some gray place. I thought she'd be in Heaven, but she's sitting on a chair with a bullet in her head. I thought they'd have cleaned that kind of stuff up.

Marty: Maybe you've just eaten too many hallucinogenic cactuses tonight, Hans.

Hans: Nothing to do with the hallucinogens.

Marty: But you've just seen Myra on a chair with a bullet through her head.

Hans: In some gray place.

Marty: England?

Hans: It seemed a lot worse than that.

Marty: Wow.

Member Avatar for diafol

1 out of 3 aint that bad.

It is if you think of it as 33% success. When you only have 5 games to clinch the title, it means your attempt is over. Before the match, Ireland could (in theory) have won the Championship if:

• They won all their remaining games
  • Wales (or Italy) beat England
  • Ireland had the better points difference of the teams on the same number of wins

Big ask though.

Wales (or Italy) beat England

Most likely Scotland won't win the Championship. It's either England or Wales.

If the Scotish beat the Welsh they still won't win the Championship because they lost to England in the first game.

The Scotish can be 4W - 1L to be in 2nd place.

I guess 3W - 2L is not that bad for finishing 3rd place.

The odds for England to win it all is pretty good but if the Wales win out then I think I might consider this as a upset if the Wales beat England.

Member Avatar for diafol

I might consider this as a upset if the Wales beat England.

Not as much of an upset as you may think. Wales are the current 6 Nations Champions, winning the Grand Slam last year. They won 3 GS in 7 years (2005-2012). Having said that England are always there or thereabouts.

Wales are the current 6 Nations Champions, winning the Grand Slam last year.

They are good.

The reason it's an upset because England is in first place and Wales is climbing up the ladder.

That shows you they have a lot heart.

Member Avatar for diafol

The beauty of the 6N is that anybody could beat anybody on the day. Having said that I can't see Italy beating England for some time yet - but thy've come close a few times - but blown up in the last quarter.

My verdict on the weekend, which was a stonker for rugby as the Tigers/Saracens match on Saturday night was a belter as well (given that Tigers were missing the entire first team due to 6N duty and injuries - to lose 27/32 against a very strong Saracens side was a decent result, although surrendering the 17/6 first half lead was a bitch).

Italy v Wales

Very boring game, the scoreline sounds like it was decent but it was poor. Halfpenny was the only standout player on either side. Italy looked like, well, Italy (from a few years back) with error after error anf an inability to do anything well but kick the ball badly.

England v France

Actually, a very good game. The French showed that, when given a team with decent players all in the right positions, they are still a threat to anyone. The French management showed that, almost as to be expected, they don't have a bloody clue. Making pre-ordained changes, against the run of play or without taking into account how well things were going, well, just crazy. England struggled to hold the French back for the entire first half, although the defence wasn't bad. Second half, different story, different game. Interestingly, the England bench proved that the entire squad is really strong. Man of the match should have been Manu, what a strong and disruptive back that man is. The Manu try should never have been, of course, thanks to the accidental offisde kick that the ref missed...

Scotland v Ireland

Ireland absolutely owned that game for at least 65 minutes of the 80. Unfortunately for them, converting possession into points was a basic that they seemed to have forgot. Scotland, however, really made the most of their chances and I thought they were tremendous in defence; keeping the Irish out of the first half where the Scots were in defensive mode for 35 minutes was a real tribute to their discipline. The Irish need a real rethink about a lot of things, not least retiring O'Gara as his decision making skills have been off the radar for some time now.

So, looks like England are pretty much guaranteed the 6N now. Honestly can't see Italy pulling off one of their occasional upsets as England are simply playing too well at the moment. The only question mark is whether it will be a Grand Slam victory or not for England. The Wales v England finale is going to be an absolute corker methinks. The points difference will mean that the Welsh can't retain the 6N even if they win (a huge win is hugely unlikely on the day) but they will want to prevent a GS for the English I am sure.

commented: agreed +0
Member Avatar for diafol

The points difference will mean that the Welsh can't retain the 6N even if they win (a huge win is hugely unlikely on the day) but they will want to prevent a GS for the English I am sure.

Yes a large points win for Wales very unlikely. England must fancy themselves for the GS. But truth be told, we ####ing hate it when the English win anything, even tiddlywinks, so if we beat Scotland, you'll be guaranteed a warm welcome. :)

Funny thing is this next round of matches it could all change again...

Scotland are still in the hunt for Second place even though we all admit our team still needs major improvement / work

Member Avatar for diafol

I agree, Scotland could well prove a banana skin for Wales, especially at Murrayfield. We've been undone a number of times in the past by Scotland and I can imagine the Jocks being buoyed up by their fantastic win against the Irish.

BTW - Happy St. David's Day to all. :)

If Italy beats England next weekend and Wales beat them the folowing 2 weeks.

Then Scotland will be the king!

Wales gonna be tough game.

It wouldn't shock it will be a very close game.

Wales been celebrating a week early.

Wales should have wait after the game...

I picture Frances gonna upseting Ireland.

It's gonna be a fun month.

If Italy beats England next weekend

Maybe at soccer... but sure not at a rugby game in this decade ;D

Maybe at soccer... but sure not at a rugby game in this decade ;D

Most likely Italy beat England next year at FIFA.

Without David Beckham, England still lingering to find a replacement for him.

I picture Andrea Pirlo scoring a goal.

Why not get a Messi or a Ronaldo to represent Beckham's position...

Why not get a Messi or a Ronaldo to represent Beckham's position...

Money ... I don't think England has that much money to buy a loan.

Loan means a short term contract for Messi or a Ronaldo to play for England.

I hope the US will make it and of course Scotland and most likely Italy will make the cut to the FIFA.

FIFA World Cup soccer is worth to watch! It's exciting. I can't wait til next year.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.