Albert Collins, The Allman Brothers Band, Andres Segovia, The Animals, BB King, Bachman Turner Overdrive, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Boston, Buddy Guy, Clifford Brown, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Deep Purple, the Doobie Brothers, the Doors, The Eagles, Electric Light Orchestra, Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, Eric Sardinas, Five Man Electric Band, Frank Sinatra, Frank Zappa, Golden Earring, Gordon Lightfoot, the Greatful Dead, the Guess Who, Guns n' Roses, Harry Connick Jr., Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Baez, Joe Satriani, Joe Walsh, John Denver, John Lennon, Johnny Winter, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Mamas & the Papas, Michael Chapdelaine, Morrissey, Paco de Lucia, Pink Floyd, Ray Charles, Red Hot Chile Peppers, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, The Rolling Stones, Santana, Simon and Garfunkle, Stanley Jordan, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Stu Hamm, Susan McDonald, Uli Jon Roth, Van Halen, Willie Nelson, Yngwie Malmsteen, ZZ Top

My library extends on considerably from this, but this stuff is my favorite.

with a mix of country and classical to round out the taste buds. I know, I'm weird...

You said it and I agree :cheesy:
My tastes are much different than most of you guys...

Hi,
My favourit band is THE TUBES !!! They're GREAT!!! :cool:
I've seen them live five times.
Take a look at http://www.thetubes.com/
Talk to ya later.
Spooner.

Alternative & Rock

Hard rock, soft rock, easy listening, oldies.....depends upon my mood. However, if I ever hear so much as one note of that horrific song, "Feelings," I'll rip someone's head off. :mrgreen:

I generally listen to different stuff depending on what I'm doing. If I'm busy working I like Dance, Trance, Ambient Dub, if I'm slightly bored I listen to rock, alternative music, and then softrock / chillout if I'm sitting looking out the window thinking, (I do this as an alternative to looking at the TV, but not actually watching whats on).

At the moment I have; Smashing Pumpkins, Neil Young, Elvis, Rob Dougan and Underworld in my Napster Playlist, so that would make me busy being bored looking out the window. Sorry if this is an insight too far in to my sad existance :)

I'll listen to anything which is less than 50 percent white noise.

Favorites include (Artist, with favorite song by that artist in parentheses):

- Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells 2)
- Chromium (Caribbean Air Control)
- Meco (Meco's Theme)
- Newsboys (Shine)
- Aristocrats (Voom Voom)
- MidiMagic (South Bend Main Line)
- Yrde (Deep Blue Sky)
- Mike Post (Simon and Simon)
- Althea (Whiter Shade of Pale)
- Minister (Pachelbel Canon in D)
- Norrie Paramor (Melodia)
- Percy Faith (Madeira)
- Tommy Dorsey (Song of India)
- Audio Adrenaline (Audio World)
- Jars of Clay (Two Sets of Joneses)
- Jeff Lynn (Together in Electric Dreams)
- many '40s and '50s bandleaders

Since this is a 'geek's lounge' what kind of music does a 'geek' listen to, more interestingly, what kind of music do YOU listen to :lol:

Anything and everything that captures my mood. In my music collection you will find:

Led Zepellin
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Guns N Roses
Larry Carlton
Il Divo
Duran Duran
Black Eyed Peas
Outkast
Bee Gees
Def Leppard
Sugar Money etc etc

Guess you can say I am a Music Slut... :twisted:

The Chemical Brothers
Ladytron
Goldie

Well, I'll have to go along with those, however, with a mix of country and classical to round out the taste buds. I know, I'm weird...

I love country. Sadly it's nigh on impossible to get here (the last country music show on radio was cancelled 20 years ago and that one ran from 11PM to midnight on a mono station, the situation in stores is no different...) so it's extremely hard to know what's out there worth buying online.

Any suggestions appreciated.

KIPMARTIN-GREENgrass Music is what I listen to? I'm not really nut's I write it,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.