Hy, I'm quite new to this site, and I'm only getting the hang of navigating the forum so if this is in the wrong area or anything please correct me.

I've wished to become a computer game designer since quite along time ago,
but for various reasons I've never had the oppurtunity to explore such a career path.

Instead I'm a musicain (my other passion) and audio engineer of quite a number of years experience.
At the moment I'm in collage studying music, and one of the things I would love to get involved with is music score or midi score for computer games.

I know that essentially this board would be more about the programming side of things, but if any of you are undertaking a project for the sake of fun, or exploration of video game making, I would like to perhaps talk about, or even colaberate on the audio side of things.
I have no experiance with programming midi for games as of yet, but I feel it would be a great area for me to become familar with.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

It doesn't matter on wich program you'll start practising.
It all depends on:
1. your will force;
2. people who surroud you;
3. company where you work.

I don't quite understand what your talking about.
Did you misunderstand my post?
or have a misunderstood yours?

thanks for the reply none the less.

Well, I used to program on much older machines (8&16 bit) in assembly language and I got out of it because it was too much work for too little payoff back then... for games, especially. I actually quit programming to pursue a music career....lol! I got a sound engineering certificate in 1990. I'm also a musician, with 20 years of guitar...
I've been itching to design games again, and I'm currently learning 3D Studio Max for modelling and animation. Perhaps we could help each other out. I am more interested in the graphics side of things than actual coding.... I'm much better at art than I am at mathematics. By the way, College is spelled with an E! LOL! Collage is like, wow, man!

Get back to me !

:^)=Strangebeard.

Yeah, sorry about the spelling mistake, I have a few deslixia issues.
I run everything I type through spell check, but sometimes I would type Something like "Collage coarse" where in fact I mean a College course.

The spell check dosn't find ones like that becasue the words are spelled correctly it;s just that I typed the wrong ones. Nightmare.

20 years guitar? wow!. what style do you play? and what age are you?

Musically I'm a singer, I'm currently being classically trained, but I also sing "regular" stuff, I also play an Instrument called a "low whistle" (it looks like a flute without any levers, and if you can't emagine what it sounds like, just thinks of the intro to the titanic song)

I'm not really into coding either, although I was quite good at maths.
As far as video games go, I would love do write original music and try my hand at creating sound effects and voice recording.
I'm not a qualified sound engineer (yet), but I have recorded, mixed and mastered enough music to consider myself an "experianced amateur" i would say my best abilities are in mastering and restoring audio (I'm considering becoming a mastering engineer after collage)

So what do we have then? you could do graphics & animation, I would handle Sound & music.
We would need a programmer.

I like programming, I wanted to do that, I Just need some title to the project, I'm blank about that.... please guys include me to anything you do, I wanna learn anything...

Yeah, sorry about the spelling mistake, I have a few deslixia issues.
I run everything I type through spell check, but sometimes I would type Something like "Collage coarse" where in fact I mean a College course.

The spell check dosn't find ones like that becasue the words are spelled correctly it;s just that I typed the wrong ones. Nightmare.

20 years guitar? wow!. what style do you play? and what age are you?

Musically I'm a singer, I'm currently being classically trained, but I also sing "regular" stuff, I also play an Instrument called a "low whistle" (it looks like a flute without any levers, and if you can't emagine what it sounds like, just thinks of the intro to the titanic song)

I'm not really into coding either, although I was quite good at maths.
As far as video games go, I would love do write original music and try my hand at creating sound effects and voice recording.
I'm not a qualified sound engineer (yet), but I have recorded, mixed and mastered enough music to consider myself an "experianced amateur" i would say my best abilities are in mastering and restoring audio (I'm considering becoming a mastering engineer after collage)

So what do we have then? you could do graphics & animation, I would handle Sound & music.
We would need a programmer.

We could possibly do that.... I am pretty busy these days.... hence the long delay in my response. And I'm not sure if graphic creations would be my strongest point of input. I think that storyboarding, dialogue and general design would be where I excel.
As for the guitar playing... mostly rock and blues... and I'm 35...
I'll try to check the forums a little more often.... shooting for at least once a week.

We could possibly do that.... I am pretty busy these days.... hence the long delay in my response. And I'm not sure if graphic creations would be my strongest point of input. I think that storyboarding, dialogue and general design would be where I excel.
As for the guitar playing... mostly rock and blues... and I'm 35...
I'll try to check the forums a little more often.... shooting for at least once a week.

emm what is exactly we're trying to do? I'm a bit confuse but the fact that I wanna get involved is too strong to ignore what is became my confuses..

I can do such thing, I attached my curriculum vitae english version but sorry, I haven't add my recent work experience, I actually haven't graduated, I hope this august If only I have case to study.
I hope I can help. I'm sick of being such not doing anything.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.