Hi: All of a sudden my mouse freezes. This just started about a week ago. I disconnect the wires from the keyboard and from the usb holes. Does anyone have a answer for this situation? I have the Mac OSX 10.2.8. remind you it does not happen all the time but enough to annoy me.
Would appreciate help.
Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I assume you're using the regular Apple mouse. If you're using some weird mouse, you may want to make sure that it's Mac certified.

Now if it's not the mouse, it's probably some hardware or driver that's causing the issue. Do you have a scanner hooked up to your Mac? Those can sometimes cause problems. Make sure you have the latest driver updates for any hardware installed on your system.

And if you have a lot of hardware, you can find out the culprit by process of elimination. First use your Mac for a while with only a keyboard and mouse hooked up, and then slowly and perihperals until it freezes (in this case, it might take awhile because it only happens occaisonally).

Hi: All of a sudden my mouse freezes. This just started about a week ago. I disconnect the wires from the keyboard and from the usb holes. Does anyone have a answer for this situation? I have the Mac OSX 10.2.8. remind you it does not happen all the time but enough to annoy me.
Would appreciate help.
Thank you

I am having the same problem and so far haven'f found a solution. Please, someone out there must know what we need to do. Unplugging a replugging is a bother and often doesn't work. The only thing that works is turning off the computer and rebooting. There has to be a better answer. Help!!!!

I assume you're using the regular Apple mouse. If you're using some weird mouse, you may want to make sure that it's Mac certified.

Now if it's not the mouse, it's probably some hardware or driver that's causing the issue. Do you have a scanner hooked up to your Mac? Those can sometimes cause problems. Make sure you have the latest driver updates for any hardware installed on your system.

And if you have a lot of hardware, you can find out the culprit by process of elimination. First use your Mac for a while with only a keyboard and mouse hooked up, and then slowly and perihperals until it freezes (in this case, it might take awhile because it only happens occaisonally).

I bought a new Mighty Mouse from Apple and my problems are all over. Every thing is work fine.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.