hi there friends,

just recently (last month or so) my mouse has been acting up on me....earlier tonight...and several other occasions...

i was browsing forums and BAM my mouse pointer goes haywire without my moving it...it opens up the start menu, task manager, everything...it's crazy...i dont' know what it is...i'm running "avast" antivirus right now...my HJT log looks clean from what i know....no adware or spyware on my pc...i've done thorough scans...

maybe i need a new mouse???

thanks

Lee

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

hi there friends,

just recently (last month or so) my mouse has been acting up on me....earlier tonight...and several other occasions...

i was browsing forums and BAM my mouse pointer goes haywire without my moving it...it opens up the start menu, task manager, everything...it's crazy...i dont' know what it is...i'm running "avast" antivirus right now...my HJT log looks clean from what i know....no adware or spyware on my pc...i've done thorough scans...

maybe i need a new mouse???

thanks

Lee

if its going around and opening things on its own without your free will...your machine might be possessed...j/k j/k

try disconnecting from the internet for day....use your computer...see if the mouse goes crazy...maybe someones gotten in from the outside and they are messing with you who knows...but it sounds strange...........

did someone install drunken mouse on your computer without tellling you? my friend did that to his sister and she freaked because every now and then it owuld zig zag around while she was using it.

yeh i think it is possessed :) just did two virus scans in safe mode and NOTHING....hm...

IT JUST DID IT AGAIN ..... i'm seriously thinking someone is messing with me....it happened around the same time last night....time to do some major butt kicking..

i may have found the answer to my solution....from a website...

" recently came across a the wierdest mouse problem I've ever seen. The arrow was jumping all over the place -- it was literally bouncing off of the "walls" of the screen! The first thing I did was to run a virus check. This did detect and remove the anitiexe virus. I suspected that the crazy mouse was an effect of the virus. The next day I again tried the system. It worked fine. After a half hour it seemed a little jumpy. After an hour it was a nervous wreck again!

I again ran the virus check. This time the system came up clean.

Replacing the mouse solved the problem once and for all. It seems that the first mouse would work OK to start. Some component was probably overheating as time passed. "

time for a new mouse.....

i had this problem with a brand new logitech optical mouse..

so what happened????

so what happened????

:lol:

he probably swapped the mouse out and it fixed it, or he downloaded the drivers for the mouse and that fixed it. If it was optical not much more you can do than clean the lense by opening up the mouse, but i would never recomend to do that.

so i guess there's no real solution to the "posessed" mouse eh??

so i guess there's no real solution to the "posessed" mouse eh??

try swapping a different mouse for awhile. see if it still happens. to me, it really sounds like an issue with the mouse hardware. because i cant think of anything that would cause that in windows. unless the windows mouse driver was busted..but then what would you do...i dont think you can redownload that.

Might be a bit late (by a few years) but something not as often discussed about this or similar mice problems is that screwing about with the pointer speed in windows can affect such a glitch, apparently something to do with PS/2 ports being out of sync with the processor's clock. Just tried it on mine and I haven't ahd a problem for at least ten minutes now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.