what is wsiwyg this work it is unknown for me

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get. A WYSIWIG web page editor is an application where you can build a web page a bit like you would build a page on a word processor or desktop publishing app. You place the various items (i.e. text, links, images) where you want them to appear on the page and the editor generates HTML to represent this. When you view one of these pages on a browser it should look just like it did on the editor.


commented: Awesome answer! +1

The text box that you filled in to create the post was a wysiwyg editor. It is quite a basic one but that's a good example of it.

More properly it should be called WYSIWYDG (what you see is what you don't get) as pretty much all those tools make a complete mess of things.

Well kind of but, the wysiwy(d)g editor I am using now at the precise moment is doing exactly what I want it to do. Although programs like frontpage make a mess of html programs like word do exactly what you want them to do.

I dont bother with the WYSIWYG editor,the standard one is fine for me :)

commented: You idiot, you have no idea what they're talking about. -2
commented: right.... +0
commented: Counterbalance! +6
commented: You have been here long enough to know that ressurection without a purpose is not encouraged. +20
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.