I've read a lot of posts asking how to transfer a DVD to an iPod. It's actually pretty easy. You need to use an external converter. 95% of all converters will require you to pay for their services. While you can find free converters online, I would not recommend them as the quality is really poor. Download and install the software. Open it and just follow the steps. It is as easy as it sounds. Hope this will help.

95% of all converters will require you to pay for their services. While you can find free converters online, I would not recommend them as the quality is really poor.

Absoloute rubbish. The quality is only poor if you shrink the file size, as there's a trade-off between file size and quality. It also makes a difference which codec you use; most people recommend using the H.264 codec when encoding for an iPod. For ripping DVDs, simply use the free Handbrake tool to rip, and convert the video into an iPod-compatible format.

If you've got video files already on your hard drive and need to convert them to something that the iPod will play, I recommend first trying iSquint to convert your videos. If that fails, or you need more control over the conversion, use the shareware program ffmpegX to do the job. The number of formats it can convert are blinding, as it's basically a GUI wrapper over a ton of Unix tools.

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.