Correct --> Go

p.s.

Explanation:

He told the truth when he said 'you will hang me' so he should be decapitated, but if they did that then 'you will hang me' would be a lie, so they should have him hung. But then 'you will hang me' would be the truth, so he should be decapitated, but then.... etc :)

Once, I was honored as a bringer of wisdom, but am now feared as a stealer of strength.

Men shudder at my approach. Yet if they knew that they would never see me, they would cry out in anguish.

I have a foe, against whom I seek to protect mankind. But he is the stronger; I cannot protect all from him, and even those I guard will eventually fall to him.

Who is my foe?
And who am I?

tv?

tv?

Sorry, wrong on both counts.

Alcohol?

Again, incorrect to both.

Microsoft and Apple?

foe: death
you: old age

Correct to Infarction.
Your go.

I'm the most essential software to use a computer.
My code is very low level.
I'm a bitch to debug.

What am I?

(more to the point, I hate my current school project :p)

Either an operating system, or it's ROM/BIOS...

Ouch, that's your project? Maybe I'm off somewhere... ;)

is it binary?

OS or kernel was what I was looking for, but I guess it was too easy.

And my project is actually just a filesystem this time 'round, but we had to do a syscall and a threading library earlier in the quarter. Very fun class, very hard projects T_T

Begotten, and Born, and dying with Noise,
The Terror of Women, and Pleasure of Boys,
Like the Fiction of Poets concerning the Wind,
I'm chiefly unruly, when strongest confin'd.
For Silver and Gold I don't trouble my Head,
But all I delight in is Pieces of Lead;
Except when I trade with a Ship or a Town,
Why then I make pieces of Iron go down.
One Property more I would have you remark,
No Lady was ever more fond of a Spark;
The Moment I get one my Soul's all a-fire,
And I roar out my Joy, and in Transport expire.

--Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)

What Am I ?

guns or weapons?

No, it is not a gun.

Cannons

Cannons.

jBennet is... correct. ;)

Go, Sir.

Cannons.

jBennet is... correct. ;)

Go, Sir.

Because I'm in a cranky mood, I feel like pointing out that you took joeprogrammer's turn. :p

wait, were going in turns?

if so then i propose that i give my go to joeprogrammer

I am going to amend a portion of the rules for all our sakes:

• There is no official, turn-based manner to proceed with posting new riddles; whoever answers the riddle correctly can post a new riddle if they so choose in a reasonable amount of time (a few hours). If someone else sees the thread stopped, that is, a riddle has been answered and confirmed as correct with no new riddle posted, that person may freely post a new riddle if they so choose.

Regards and Thanks,
Matty

hm, so if someone posts a guess, then goes away for the day/night and doesnt find out for a few hours whether or not they were right, then the riddle poster confirms their answer, and the solver still hasn't returned, they lose their turn?

You really do just want another spam thread, don't you?

commented: . -1
Member Avatar for iamthwee

Hey everyone, I had a pocket calculator in my pocket. Jbennet was closest so I think its his turn.

hm, so if someone posts a guess, then goes away for the day/night and doesnt find out for a few hours whether or not they were right, then the riddle poster confirms their answer, and the solver still hasn't returned, they lose their turn?

You really do just want another spam thread, don't you?

Huh? :confused: Did you read my post thoroughly? Seems not. There are no turns in a static sense.

I want a spam thread?
I do not even know what you mean by this? I want this game to flow and be fun without having to monitor people worrying about turns and rules. :eek:

Anyway, anyone that wishes to play this game, please do. ;)

Matty

Don't mind infarction.

He's just cranky cos he looks like hawking.

Wouldn't you be? :cheesy: ;)

Huh? :confused: Did you read my post thoroughly? Seems not. There are no turns in a static sense.

Yeah, actually, I did read it. As well as the first post in the thread, which declared a turn-based system. Oh well, it's not worth the argument...

Don't mind infarction.

He's just cranky cos he looks like hawking.

Wouldn't you be? :cheesy: ;)

Ouch. You got me on that one. :eek::lol:

Riddles: More challenges to make us think.

Rules:

• Post your answer\ guess
  • The person who solves the riddle correctly posts the next riddle to be solved
  • 12- hour time limit per riddle (when this time is up anyone may post the next riddle)

Note: many riddle resources can be found on-line to choose from

The first riddle is:

It has been around for millions of years but is no more than a month old. What is it?

Infarction:

You are correct that this ^ was initially posted. Is this what you are referring to? This made sense in the beginning but after reconsideration I thought it might be best to make a change to these parameters. Time-zones, member online presence, etc creates confusion at times it seems which is understandable. We all get impatient and I hoped to rectify this by eliminating a turn-based system. I would prefer orderly turns, actually, but it does not seem to work out so well.

And, I concur, it is not worth an argument whatsoever. ;) Just post a bloody riddle. :)

Matty

i cant think of any riddles :(

aha!

I do not breathe, but I run and jump.
I do not eat, but I swim and stretch.
I do not drink, but I sleep and stand.
I do not think, but I grow and play.
I do not see, but you see me every day.

A leg.

My riddle...

Can you correctly say how many bottles of beer are left on the wall?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.