Hey there im using a new computer with a 22inch CHIMEI 5ms gaming monitor and i am wanting to play one of my older games Diablo II but when i play the 800x600 resolution from the game stretches over the whole screen and makes it distorted.

On my other computer (Powermac G5) i can play Diablo 2 on my 23 inch and it automatically makes side bars on both sides so the game is not stretched, how can i do this on my pc?

My computer specs are:
Intel core duo 2.13Ghz
2Gb low latency high clocking RAM (not sure wat its called)
nvidia Geforce 7950 512GDDR3 memory

please help me to fix this problem so I can happily play this game again

Regards
d2legitgod

Pretty good rig there mate :)

I'm not sure how to do this, I'm happy to have my games slightly stretched... Try changing your monitor resolution when you play, if you can... Sorry I can't help you more.

thx for the tip but none of it works, this problem seems to be very advance as i have browsed other forums as well and only few seem to have over come this problem and they are not very good at explaining how they did it or they have a different system

thx for the tip but none of it works, this problem seems to be very advance as i have browsed other forums as well and only few seem to have over come this problem and they are not very good at explaining how they did it or they have a different system

Not too shabby a rig indeed, excep for the nvidia card *shudders* personally, I am running A radeon X1950 on a Pentium 4D Extreme @ 3.0 Gig. Using a 20" Widescreen Samsung 206BW, 2ms GTG response, perfect for gaming.

Anyhow, backt o your problem. It is probably a driver issue with your vid card. In the Version 6x drivers there is a tab missing. You should be able to set your card to use 'fixed aspect ratio' which will letterbox any 4:3 programs accordingly.

Thx for the response ill look into updating my drivers

Updating may or may not help. It's the newer drivers that tend to have problems. You may need to roll them back to fix the problem.

I had a read of a thread outside of this website. Apparently the driver update 91,31 fixes the problem but I’m not sure to do it or not because I’m starting to get used to it now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.