Hi, I am new to the forums (although I have posted once before and i have looked around) and I thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Sophie, I'm 14 and from England.

I have been programming for a while (since I was 10) and I am working on my first C++ game, using OpenGL and C++ (it is like a 3D asteroids). I have built a Pac Man Clone, Asteroids clone and tetris clone in Python with PyGame.

My first proper language with C# (I messed around with Prolog at school) but I haven't really looked at building games with it, but I did build a little instant messanger (it was very basic :cheesy:) and that was really fun.

I want to build some useful programs with C# (so if any of you have any ideas for programs that are good to learn from...) as I want to use it to build my A level project ( I may aswell get the practise in now :)).

I teach a basic programming class at school, I teach them using the Phrogram language.

I am trying to get a site up so I can put my projects on it ( I can show my teacher that way, and be able to work on my projects at school) and I will put a link in my signature if you want to take a look at the stuff (I will get that up asap)

I am on the National Gifted and Talented register, and I might be going on a summer school to do 2 weeks of robotics at Imperial College London in the summer.

Well, that has just used up a load of my lunch break!

Bye!

Sophie

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Mike555

Hey Sophie,

Very cool that you are using Phrogram to teach programming. OK, I'll fess up, I'm on the Phrogram team, and we are trolling a bit to see where we might be getting some interest and support. Lots going on over at our site (phrogram.com, natch), for anyone intrigued by our tagline: it's real programming, it's just more fun.

DavidW_Phrogram

Welcome to the forum :)

Is Phrogram actually powerful enough to do major applications?

Welcome to the forum :)

Is Phrogram actually powerful enough to do major applications?

Absolutely. If by "major," you're talking 3D environments, multi-player games ... etc. (the Phrogram Talk add-in library that lets you chat and play a game over a data network is not quite out yet ... will be in less than a month). It's not designed to create forms though. We focus on visual, fun, educational apps, not productivity apps - although one user did create a simple paint program using Phrogram. Lots of sample programs in the forums, although they need to be better organized (still working on that!).

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.