Wait, wait, wait. Are you contradicting yourself here? I thought you were atheist. And everything in the Bible is incorrect... science rules the universe.. hmm?

I am an atheist. I am simply pointing out that you are wrong.. the Catholics were in fact, the first christians.

This could simply be because the Catholics have been around for so long. Besides the catholics do not dominate the christian world just because they are the best known does not make them dominant.

There are actually more catholics than any other religion in the world (Muslims, baptists, jews.. etc)

Go look it up. The Catholics were the first Christians. It's a FACT.

Nobody is saying that they are not infact i dont even see what the point your trying to make is by arguing this.

I have one word for all of you: science

Science has proved more to us about the world we live in than the bible has.

The Bible has nothing to do with proving things to us about the world. The Bible is there to guide us as how to live in the world. The 2 are very different things.

I am an atheist. I am simply pointing out that you are wrong.. the Catholics were in fact, the first christians.

Yes, I knew they were the first Christians. And I also knew that Protestants broke off from them. I've always known that.

ok... http://atheism.about.com/od/popesandthepapacy/a/peterpope.htm

read it all... the last 1/3 is the best part!!

hm.. Well there seems to be a little debate about it.. I was always taught that [whoops, edit]peter was the first pope.. No1 seems to know for sure though..

Anyways, the point I was trying to make was: The catholics do NOT take the bible literally, and the catholics make up the majoirty of the christian population.. So are all the catholics wrong? Are most of the christians actually going to hell since they didnt take the bible literally?

There are actually more catholics than any other religion in the world (Muslims, baptists, jews.. etc)

Who says?

This does not mean that they are on the right track this just means that they are telling people the things that they want to hear.

Can you please give me some sort of link to where you are getting this info from

Eh, I found a better site. Everyone uses Wikipedia.

http://www.adherents.com/adh_branches.html#Christianity

But I mean seriously, look at how many branches there are in the category of "Catholic." I would be included in the Pentecostal category.

Huh? Pentecostal isn't included under 'Catholics'

"Catholic 1,050,000,000 Orthodox/Eastern Christian 240,000,000 African indigenous sects (AICs) 110,000,000 Pentecostal 105,000,000"

Those are all different groups

Huh? Pentecostal isn't included under 'Catholics'

That's why I said I would be included in the "Pentecostal" category. It's Protestant. 3 below Catholic.

Anyways.. back to my point.. Are all the catholics wrong for not taking the bible literally?

"Catholic 1,050,000,000 Orthodox/Eastern Christian 240,000,000 African indigenous sects (AICs) 110,000,000 Pentecostal 105,000,000"

Those are all different groups

Yeah, I know... what are you saying :?:

I really do not see what you are trying to prove here ok the catholics have the shrinking majority that does not mean that they are on the right track or make their ideas the truth

I really do not see what you are trying to prove here ok the catholics have the shrinking majority that does not mean that they are on the right track or make their ideas the truth

I am simply proving to you that the majority of all christians do NOT take the bible literally.

Anyways.. back to my point.. Are all the catholics wrong for not taking the bible literally?

I guess not, even tho the Bible does say it is true and without error... and it is the Word of God. But I guess as long as they believe in Jesus Christ... then that's all that really matters.

it does not make them wrong however on the same not it does not make them right either i personally think that they are on the wrong track overall not just by not taking the bible literally

I am simply proving to you that the majority of all christians do NOT take the bible literally.

i was actually christina who said that not me. I just can not see how the majority not taking it literally proves your point of us being wrong by taking it literally

I don't know why the Catholics don't take the bible literally. What do they rely on then? The Pope? The Priest?

I guess not, even tho the Bible does say it is true and without error... and it is the Word of God. But I guess as long as they believe in Jesus Christ... then that's all that really matters.

Well, obviously most Christians would disagree with all of you. Most people do not think the bible is accurate, the word of god yes, but not accurate. Ok, now that we have established that the majority of the population completely disagrees with you about dinosaurs and man coexisting, we can move on. Almost all scientists back the fact that the dinosaurs died 65 million years ago. It is even taught to elementary students! I just don't understand why you people would disagree with science, when most of the evidence is against you, and most christians are against you.

Well, obviously most Christians would disagree with all of you. Most people do not think the bible is accurate, the word of god yes, but not accurate. Ok, now that we have established that the majority of the population completely disagrees with you about dinosaurs and man coexisting, we can move on. Almost all scientists back the fact that the dinosaurs died 65 million years ago. It is even taught to elementary students! I just don't understand why you people would disagree with science, when most of the evidence is against you, and most christians are against you.

I seriously doubt ANY of the people in my church of 2,000 people would disagree with me. And that goes with all the other Protestants. Sorry, but Christians believe in the Bible. That is our guide. Of course we are going to believe it is accurate. That would be ridiculous if we didn't! Why do we read it, why do preachers teach from it? That is completely irrelevant.

I seriously doubt ANY of the people in my church of 2,000 people would disagree with me. And that goes with all the other Protestants. Sorry, but Christians believe in the Bible. That is our guide. Of course we are going to believe it is accurate. That would be ridiculous if we didn't! Why do we read it, why do preachers teach from it? That is completely irrelevant.

Those 2000 fools may agree with you, but the majority of the christians don't.

Actually really you have shown us no proof that they dont take it literally you simply showed us proof that the catholics have the numbers.

You or any other scientists have also not shown us any evidence to say the dinosaurs died out 65million years ago infact the only evidence that we have says that they died. Just because there are only fossils that far back does not mean that dinosaurs lived past that. Infact alot of these fossils could have been created during the great flood.

If you mean by the catholics. Then fine, you win. The majority of christians who are CATHOLIC don't agree with me or the 2,000 fools in my congregation and are against the other 395,867,000 Protestants.

You have somehow gotten into your head that a majority makes fact.

Actually really you have shown us no proof that they dont take it literally you simply showed us proof that the catholics have the numbers.

You or any other scientists have also not shown us any evidence to say the dinosaurs died out 65million years ago infact the only evidence that we have says that they died. Just because there are only fossils that far back does not mean that dinosaurs lived past that. Infact alot of these fossils could have been created during the great flood.

True.

First of all, I used to be catholic, so I know what I am talking about. All catholics believe that dinosaurs died out 64 million years ago..

You speak, but you know nothing of what you say. There is more evidence than you can possibly imagine.. Why don't you go to one of those website I posted earlier... There is much more evidence that the dinosaurs went extinct 65 million yrs. ago than there is evidence against it.
Perhaps you should do a little bit of research be4 posting again...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.