England ;)

because human instincts are to murder, rape, kill, and generally be not very "civilized".

This is the most asinine statement I have read this year.

What makes you think these are human instincts? Do you know any people with these instincts? Have you studied anthropology? Do you have these instincts? Go see a psychiatrist.

Looks like something Hobbes would say.

Appears that Putin and Bush have come to an agreement on the missiles. Crisis averted for now.

So what happened with it?

The Russians want to build it in their territory with some kind of radar they have or something.. I don't quite know specifics, but it sounded good to me..

Here's a good question. What right does the United States have to build a missile defence station in a nation that doesn't want us to build onw in their country? And why would they want to when it threatens peace? It really defeats the purpose if you ask me. Build a DEFENSE station at the risk of going to WAR. There's no logic.

What logic is there in getting mad enough to start a war because someone built a defense station????

Here's a good question. What right does the United States have to build a missile defence station in a nation that doesn't want us to build onw in their country? And why would they want to when it threatens peace? It really defeats the purpose if you ask me. Build a DEFENSE station at the risk of going to WAR. There's no logic.

Sorry it's taken so long to get around to this, but I'd like to ask a question of you, sk8.

The article states that the defense stations will be built in Poland and the Czech Republic. It also states that Russia, in the form of Mr. Putin, is against this. What it doesn't state, as far as I can tell, is that Poland or the Czech Republic is against this. Therefore, I would wonder at the gist of your question quoted above...how do we know that the countries that were actually supposed to have had the emplacements (haven't paid enough attention to cease-shout since then, don't know if they still are or not) were against it?

well they all at the G8 summit now, so they probs gunna waffle on about how we can save everywhere by giving 2p or summit. ~ like how is that gunna work?

haha they gave £ 60 billion to the whole of africa. Thats nothing.

I'd take "nothing" of that, anytime.

commented: Hehe.. me too. :) +17

What logic is there in getting mad enough to start a war because someone built a defense station????

That doesn't make any sense.

Sorry it's taken so long to get around to this, but I'd like to ask a question of you, sk8.

The article states that the defense stations will be built in Poland and the Czech Republic. It also states that Russia, in the form of Mr. Putin, is against this. What it doesn't state, as far as I can tell, is that Poland or the Czech Republic is against this. Therefore, I would wonder at the gist of your question quoted above...how do we know that the countries that were actually supposed to have had the emplacements (haven't paid enough attention to cease-shout since then, don't know if they still are or not) were against it?

I read the article. I must have misunderstood. I thought it was going to be built in Russia.

well going back to this, where has all the money gone, and to do what exactly? ~ maybe it's just a way to make all the leaders look good?
£60 billion is a heck of a lot of money, we talking Michael Schumacher's career wage here! surly summit good must come from all that money, and not go into some evil dictators back pocket to spend on more AK47's?

£60 billion for the whole of africa is nothing

Thats only like 3 billion or so for each country. The NHS costs the UK (small) 57 billion a year.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.