Recommended Answers

All 42 Replies

Damn.. I really hate 9/11 conspiracies.. The trade centers collapsed because of the airplanes and fuel.. the pentagon was not 'bombed', etc..

The Bush administration is too damn stupid to stage any kind of cover-up of this magnitude.. And they would not benefit much from it..

btw I only read the first couple of sentences..

I've been seeing these theories since 9-12-01. The one question that is never answered is why. Why would Bush do this? What benefit was there? How could any of this been pulled off without any kind of leak? If the government was behind it, someone would have spilled it by now.

Exactly.. There was an awesome South Park regarding a 9/11 conspiracy.. :D

let it rest.

I didn't have to bother reading it -- Josh said it all that needs to be said. There are people who would probably blaim Bush for Christ's second coming.

>There are people who would probably blaim Bush for Christ's second coming.
I'll say more like his crucifixion and death.

commented: Maybe. +1

Nah, I'd say that one's more likely to be pinned on Reagan|Bush(41) instead.

And then Mr. Miracle Man Clinton came down, and waved his magic veto, and everyone was happy except for the rich ol' meanie Rethuglicans, so they snuck some of their spies into Poor Mr. Clinton's glorious government and started saying bad names and calling him a liar. And when that didn't work for them, they sent in their biggest, strongest Rethuglican, Junior, to get rid of anybody who'd helped Miracle Man take care of the people of Lala land...er, America.

And on another note, I've sort of found a way to create a working sarcasm tag...

<sarcasm> hahahah </sasrcasm> maybe?

Tried that; I think I prefer the sarcasm tag quote better. It actually makes a formatting difference.

Although if you could come up with something that would change the actual formatted output when <sarcasm/> or [sarcasm/] got used, I'd probably go for that as well...

[sarcasm] here is some sarcasm [/sarcasm]

Damn.. I really hate 9/11 conspiracies.. The trade centers collapsed because of the airplanes and fuel.. the pentagon was not 'bombed', etc..

The Bush administration is too damn stupid to stage any kind of cover-up of this magnitude.. And they would not benefit much from it..

btw I only read the first couple of sentences..

True.
I hate the conspiracies too, but some of them make you think.
And they're pretty interesting.

Has anyone watched some of the videos?

Im pretty sure 9/11 was real because 7/7 was real (i know people who were there)

Ok -- I'll bite -- what happened on 7/7? Was it something that happened in UK ?

yeah Al Quaeda bombed many buses and tube (subway) trains in london in response to us helping the US in the War of terror.

yeah Al Quaeda bombed many buses and tube (subway) trains in london in response to us helping the US in the War of terror.

Why was this never broadcasted in the US, I wonder?

Or maybe I missed it?

That's interesting.

mmm how come we heard about that plot to blow up that american airport whereas you never here about terrorist plots against us , e.g the fertiliser bomb one. ;( maybe because were used to getting them they are less big of a new story

I don't know. =/

and its wierd that you never hear about afghanistan anymore. I hear its even more of a hellhole than iraq at the moment

mmm how come we heard about that plot to blow up that american airport whereas you never here about terrorist plots against us , e.g the fertiliser bomb one. ;( maybe because were used to getting them they are less big of a new story

We did hear about the London bombings -- I just didn't associate it with 7/7.

7/7 was London Subways bombings.

There is a huge misconception made in these conspiracy theory claims. The misconception is that steel remains steel all the way up to its melting point. It does not. It anneals back to soft iron above 780 C. A little knowledge of metallurgy is helpful here.

Steel is made through the following process:

1. Form an mixture of iron and carbon, with other metals added to create specific properties. This is usually done above 1500 C.
2. Cast the soft iron mixture that forms. It can then be forged or worked into the desired shape.
3. Heat the mixture to 780 C, forming the alloy.
4. Rapidly cool the alloy to room temperature. This is usually done by quenching the alloy in oil or water. It then becomes too hard to be worked.

But steel can be annealed (softened) through this process:

1. Heat the alloy to 780 C.
2. Slowly cool it to room temperature. The carbon comes out of the alloy, forming the mixture again. The result is soft iron. It becomes soft enough to be worked.

Those conspiracy sites expect the steel to be steel all the way up to the quoted melting point of 1370 C. They say the heat from burning jet fuel can't get up to 1370 C, but only to about 1000 C.

But not only does the steel not remain steel above 780 C, but the melting point of steel they always quote is the highest temperature that one particular high temperature steel alloy melts at. But various alloys of steel melt at temperatures from 825 C to 1370 C. But the critical temperature is 780 C. That's the temperature the steel quits being steel, and turns into soft iron.

The floors pancaked because the cross supports broke off the side (vertical) supports first. There were no supports in the center of the building, but just around the edge. So the vertical supports centered the falling floors as they fell. As one or more floors fell onto the floor below, that new floor's cross supports couldn't hold the combined weight, so they failed. So as soon as one floor broke free from its cross supports, it took out all the floors below it, all the way to the ground.

Without the cross supports, the vertical supports couldn't stay straight to hold the top of the building above the floor that fell. They failed, and the top of the building followed the pancaking floors down too.

The bottom line is that the fire didn't have to be hot enough to melt the steel but just hot enough to anneal it. Once the steel annealed at 780 C, it became soft iron, which couldn't hold up the building.

also its a little known fact that the twin towers were built like crap.

the steel I beams were fireproofed with spray on adbestos paint but this a: flaked off and b: wasnt applied to one of the towers as it was a safety risk. This meant that they expanded a lot and popped out. Thats why it all came down quickly due to the heat.

Secondly, the towers were unlike most other skyscrapers as most of the weight was bearing on the sides. They were never designed to withstand a catastrophic side impact like a jet taking out half the walls, and this is why it was very weakened.

Yea, I remember that. It was all over the news. The same with the Madrid bombings..

We do! But, yall have been bombed so damn much.. especially during the blitz. Oh, I remember watching that JFK (?) airport scare the other day. That and that dude with the rare form of TB.

and its wierd that you never hear about afghanistan anymore. I hear its even more of a hellhole than iraq at the moment

I know, same here.. That f***** osama was behind the terrorist attacks, and we don't seem that dedicated to catch him.. Only about the oil in Iraq..

also its a little known fact that the twin towers were built like crap.

the steel I beams were fireproofed with spray on adbestos paint but this a: flaked off and b: wasnt applied to one of the towers as it was a safety risk. This meant that they expanded a lot and popped out. Thats why it all came down quickly due to the heat.

Secondly, the towers were unlike most other skyscrapers as most of the weight was bearing on the sides. They were never designed to withstand a catastrophic side impact like a jet taking out half the walls, and this is why it was very weakened.

Yea, well they were quite old. I hope they build the tallest building in the world where the trade centers used to stand.. I think the Petronas towers in Malaysia are the tallest.. What the hell? This is America.. we've got to be number one in everything :)

Another thing about the trade center towers, I remember reading something about the elevators.. ? The way they were built somehow affected the towers.. I forget what it was now.

The dude,...bloody interesting link you left there oO but there are lots of gossips 'bout it Aldo, it's aa good theory or truth..

yeah and the stairs were crappy. they were concrete blocks instead of steel so the stairs all collapsed.

and the WTC was an economic failure. When it was built it lay mostly empty for nearly 10 years. The port authaurity never made any profit whatsoever on it.

Im pretty sure 9/11 was real because 7/7 was real (i know people who were there)

oh, it's real alright. but the conspiracy theorists say it's not Al Qaeda that did it but Bush...
They also claim the CIA was responsible for 7/7 as well as the Madrid bombings (why the CIA would bomb a train in Madrid that caused a pro-US government to loose the elections the next day was never explained).

And yes, the idiots are blaming Bush for pretty much everything bad that ever happened to the world.
Katrina? Bush caused that storm
Bush caused the tsunami in the IO (yes, I've heard it claimed)
etc. etc.

not that hard, as most of Iraq is quiet and being rapidly rebuilt.
Which is precisely why every single incident HAS to be blown way out of proportion, lest people find out the truth.

Another factor is that it's easy to get into Iraq, almost impossible to get into Afghanistan.
It's also a lot easier to get around in Iraq than it is in Afghanistan, and there are more foreign terrorists in Iraq as a result (mainly Syrian and Iranian backed and trained) who have excellent PR machines like Al Jazeera where the Taliban are considered weirdos even by other extremist Muslims.

In addition the brunt of the action in Afghanistan doesn't cause US casualties, so US media have no stories of how the glorious local rebels fight off the invading imperialist US forces.
Instead the action is in the areas controlled by the Dutch and Brits, who do quite a lot of killing terrorists with very few casualties to themselves.

We do! But, yall have been bombed so damn much.. especially during the blitz. Oh, I remember watching that JFK (?) airport scare the other day. That and that dude with the rare form of TB.

Yes, that JFK scare was typical overreaction.
Someone taking pictures of aircraft and airport buildings who has a map of the airport at home gets arrested on suspicion of being a terrorist.
Thousands of people worldwide do that as a hobby...
I've maps of literally hundreds of airports all around the world and will go there to take photos if and when I am in the area.
It's just a hobby kids, in fact with us around it's a lot harder for a terrorist to do anything as he'd get lynched before he could get that weapon readied for use...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.