Help - I have an Insprion 8000 and I forgot my password to log onto system.
HELP PLEASE!!!

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Is this the windows password you are talking about?

While it is starting up keep tapping F8

you will get to a menu. choose "safe mode". Dont be worried if a whole load of text flows down the screen and it looks screwy. Click "administrator", login and delete your password. Then reboot back into normal mode.

commented: thanks, this was simple and very helpful. +0

No, its not a WIndows' Password. its on boot up.
Can u help?

you will get to a menu. choose "safe mode". Dont be worried if a whole load of text flows down the screen and it looks screwy. Click "administrator", login and delete your password. Then reboot back into normal mode.

no, its not a windows' password. boot up password

If its the bootup password then you are in trouble. On most desktop pcs you can disable this in two ways, either by removing the BIOS battery (looks like a watch battery, on the motherboard) or by setting some jumpers on the motherboard.

I dont know how you would do this on a laptop or if its even possible (i know that onesome buisness laptops like IBM thinkpads that if you forget the syatem password, thats it, you need a whole new motherboard or hard disk)

Laptops have cmos batteries too.. simply take it out, and put it back in.

or run kill CMOS if you can boot from a CD.

KILL CMOS

He cant. Its a power on password and I advise against that program. It fried the motherboard on my compaq

so it did KILL your CMOS? and here i thought it just re-wrote checksum headers...

lol..

so it did KILL your CMOS? and here i thought it just re-wrote checksum headers...

Killed my BIOS. It goes : error no BIOS data found and dies. I think it wiped the bit where the main BIOS info is stored (where you flash) instead of just wiping the settings

I suggests you write your passwords down and keep them in a safe place where you wont lose them or forget about them

Whats the point of even having a bios password to begin with.. unless its not your pc as your house or something.

Most buisnesseses IT departments make them mandatory so that corporate data can not be stolen for sale

i hate you

why? Screw you!

hahaha im just kiddin i dont hate you

does any one know how to get into a dell inspiron 1525 when you forget your password?

I recently got a used dell laptop, the logon password I didnt know. I started it in safe mode, went in to the control panel and deleted the password protected account. Now its all good.

I keep hitting F8 and it doesn't do anything.

I can't get into anything. I turn it on and it needs a pass word to access the data on the computer. It's asking for a admin password. My mom gave me the laptop, but don't remember the password

I keep hitting F8 and it doesn't do anything.

i hate you

sorry hit the wrong thing

Sorry. Go to the manufacturer or google the problem.
We cannot help as we have no way of checking if the computer in question is actually yours.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.