hi, my name is Reece, i have learnt, javascript, css, php, xhtml, html and loads of graphic stuff. Im 14 and my teacher said for me to learn asp, but im sure there is no difference, is there??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi, my name is Reece, i have learnt, javascript, css, php, xhtml, html and loads of graphic stuff. Im 14 and my teacher said for me to learn asp, but im sure there is no difference, is there??

Well I tried your contact page, but it stopped accepting input after a certain amount of characters, I pressed the return key for a new line and it posted before I had finished.

ASP (Active Server Pages) and PHP are similar technologies. The code is mixed in with the mark-up, the script code is interpreted on the fly. ASP.NET is *VERY* different the code is seperate from the mark-up and is pre-compiled, the .NET languages are fully Object Oriented.

ASP and ASP.NET are very different too.

Yes there are many differences as mentioned already, but in the end the will both help you program online applications.

I would focus on getting good/expert at PHP (or ASP if you feel more comfortable)

I'd recommend going on to Java or C# personally. No reason to stick solely to web programming is there?

I would recommend python; a cross-platform, dynamic object-orientated language that you can use for all types of programming. Python is free, there is lots of documentation, a very good developing community, lots of online tutorials, books etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.