Hey people i'm just curious about which browsers people prefer to use, need some details for my site,,currently based on my research ie7 seems to be used more than anything else..what do you guys use??

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Hi im using a n73 handset now i want to tranfer a dat.format file from my PC to my handset how can i do tht?

commented: Offtopic. +0

That depends upon what you use your browser for. I use three, each for different reasons.

I like IE6 (With MyIE2 in front)

I like Firefox over IE, for usability. Opera and Avant are pretty good, too.

I use IE mostly but also use Firefox for certain webpages.

Depending on which nix distro I happen to be running,(in order of preference)
Opera, Firefox, Konqueror, or Dillo.
In Windoze of any flavor (again in order of preference)
Opera and Firefox only
Won't use IE or any IE based browser at all, in fact I ripped IE out of the last few XP and 2K installs I did. Disables Windows updates, but I think thats a bonus not a drawback.

I do use Opera and Firefox mostly. However, right now I'm using IE7 because I just installed XP and haven't had enough time to finish installing all of my software.

FF with the "Open in IE" plugin.
When I'm on a computer without FF I really miss it.
Tabs rule.

I use Firefox mostly, mainly because of the tabs at first but now I stick with it. Occasionally I use IE which has tabs now also when the need arises for testing and such.

Firefox mostly these days. But it does love to crash on some sites which is pretty annoying. I'm pretty sure it's related to javascript causing the crashing. But the fact IE and Opera do not crash on these same pages I don't think it's a coding issue.

But I use FF for usability not security which some users are using it for. I don't think its an safer than IE and with Vista and it's sand boxing of IE7 I'm sure the damage IE exploits can cause now are pretty limited.

Hey people i'm just curious about which browsers people prefer to use, need some details for my site,,currently based on my research ie7 seems to be used more than anything else..what do you guys use??

Mozilla Firefox

MSN Explorer

I like to use ie7 and firefox2. Havent tested out Firefox3 yet.

I just upgraded to ff3 - a lot of add-ons broke and I was unable to save an links (ctrl-D) until I disabled all my add-ons. I re-enabled them one at a time thinking I could catch the culprit but everything is fine now. Still many broken add-ons but I am sure the community will catch up soon.

Firefox mostly these days. But it does love to crash on some sites which is pretty annoying. I'm pretty sure it's related to javascript causing the crashing. But the fact IE and Opera do not crash on these same pages I don't think it's a coding issue.

But I use FF for usability not security which some users are using it for. I don't think its an safer than IE and with Vista and it's sand boxing of IE7 I'm sure the damage IE exploits can cause now are pretty limited.

I don't find that Firefox crashes a lot... but maybe it's just the difference between which sites we browse...
IE crashes almost every time I view a page at school - I would say that it's more unstable than Firefox, though I am more used to it and can easily navigate it... (I don't often use Firefox)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.