My system is a Dell Latitude D810 that has a 1370 WLan-PCI Card. I can connect to the internet via hardwire to my Linksys WRT54 GS, but not via WIFI. The firmware bcm43xx-fwcuter is on the system and I am not able to activate it. Is there anyone out there with a similar setup to what I have able to do an Internet WIFI connection.

Vietnam67lj
sloujon-@hotmail.com

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello, I believe the D810 uses the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 card, from everywhere I've checked. If that's the case, you will need to install the ipw2200 driver.

>Hello, I believe the D810 uses the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 card, from everywhere I've checked. If that's the case, you will need to install the ipw2200 driver.

Didn't he say he had a 1370 WLan-PCI Card? Call it a hunch but I don't think they're the same.

>Didn't he say he had a 1370 WLan-PCI Card? Call it a hunch but I don't think they're the same.
My bad. When I originally had searched on Google, the only references to Wi-Fi cards I could find to the D810 were ones using the Intel Pro cards (and I assumed the OP had misstated the wireless card model). Turns out I was wrong, the 1370 is actually a mini-PCI wireless card that is a Broadcom chipset. To the original poster: you might find this thread helpful for installing the bcm43xx driverl:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=201902

mine is lattitude d520, and it's broadcom. anyhow, in ubuntu the only thing working really well with wifi is wifiradar. it's very much like xpsp2 wifi connection manager, just install it from aptitude and have fun.

all that, of course, if your card is recognized and usable. to see that - lsmod and lspci to see if the card is there. also ubuntu might detect the wifi card as ethX

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.