Is there a way to implement a site search for secured pages? I am planning on changing the site search on an existing company page. We currently use Atomz and I am considering changing to Google Search Business Edition. My boss wants to keep the secured pages hidden from a regular Google web search, but create an internal search once people log in.

I believe the answer to this is "no," but I cannot find any specific information on this. Thank you for any help you can give.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Awesome, Passmark. Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I searched everything I could think of, and could not find anything like it.

My only concern is reliability, as this is for a corporate website. I found several positive blog posts and c|net user reviews on this, but I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this product, or something similar. If you could let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

No point asking me, I am hopelessly bias. I wrote the initial code for the Zoom product (and own the company :-) ). Needless to say, I think it is pretty good. Not perfect yet, but pretty good.

I guess the only question to ask is if whether you want an inhouse or outsourced solution?

in house => try something called sphinx at sphinxsearch.com
outsource => google rack

Awesome. Thank you, Dani. Unfortunately, I do not believe either of these solutions will work. Sphinxsearch is too technical for me, Google MiniSearch is outside of our budget, and Google's crawler cannot access our secured pages, as far as I can tell. Although Passmark should have been upfront about his affiliation with Zoom Search, it does seem like a very good product for the price. We are beta-testing the free version now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.