Hi, I have 4 “hard” questions, at least IMO, here they go, I hope others can learn from these as they aren’t the typical basic questions people ask over and over again.

1) I have a list of articles on my website. I am going to provide other websites in my industry with ONLY the link of the articles. Now I understand about duplicate content, however does Google view just article links pointing to my website as duplicate content? Do I need to give each website a unique title to avoid duplicate content even though they are just articles. The page will look similar to http://www.tm1031exchange.com/articles-on-1031-exchanges.html which is not my website, but you get the point.

2) Using the above link as an example, should I hyperlink the ENTIRE article or is it better only to hyperlink the keywords of the article. Do the backlinks counts just the same when ones keyword is hyperlinked as part of a longer sentence?

3) Additional, does google favor and give good PR to pages only with links as the above link I gave as an example or would it be better to have regular text and only hyperlink part of the title (ie. I would hyperlink just the keyword)
Example: title of article is : Learn how real estate investing can increase your profits. (I would only highlight real estate investing) This way there is lots of normal text and the links are embedded within the a sentence

4) I plan on building an affiliate program for these websites and when they refer visitors that come to my site via these links I’ve mentioned above, will that effect the backlinks? Usually affiliate links look at http://www.hypervre.com/?affiliate=121906 or something like this, can you please explain how I could have code written where I can still track where visitors come from and yet not be detrimental to the quality of the backlink?

Thanks everyone for advice!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

#1 - Duplicate content is more about multiple websites repeating paragraphs. It seems you are talking about the anchor text (that is the clickable text of a link) being the same. Google likes to see the anchor text be focused but not identical across hundreds of sites. If you are doing this on 10 sites it is not really an issue. In general you should strive to have your anchor text be the keyword phrase (or close to it) for what you want to rank for. Also for optimal results you should strive to get links from external pages that do not already have many outbound links. This is because the more links there are - the more diluted the outbound link power will be.

#2 - As mentioned before anchor text should be very similar to the keyword you are trying to rank for. If you hyperlink an entire 100 word article than Google will have a hard time figuring out what the link is about. If you hyperlink a 2-3 word keywoprd phrase Google will have en easy time figuring out what the link is about and what your site should rank for. Be careful to make your link profile look natural. Do not have 100% identical anchor text. That is an easy way to tell google your website is trying to manipulating the search results and google does not like that.

#3 - To get pagerank you need other websites with higher pagerank to link to your page. Please remember that google is devaluing the importance of pagerank and that you only see toolbar pagerank. Toolbar pagerank is a snapshot of the real pagerank that is several mopnths old.

#4 - Affiliate links that are trackable but do not impact SEO are possible and that is all I am gonna say on that point.

Dear Friend,

You have some articles and want to distribute on other websites then don't worry about duplicate content. Because many article websites have different content in left and right panel so that your content density will be change in each article directory. But you should submit only higher PR directory so that your website can get back links and more accumulate PR.

We have much experience about this and we follow this rule for many clients and they get traffic from article directories.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.