I found someone coming from gtools.corp.google.com in my referrer log...:

I found an odd url in my referrers list. Upon googling the term “gtools.corp.google.com, I found nothing. And when I tried to go to http://gtools.corp.google.com nothing came up. I googled corp.google.com and found other domains that google had been snooping with. I wonder what gtools are? If you have any ideas, please tell me! I have a feeling its a tool that they use to review google news submissions. I recently submitted my site for approval by google news, but they already sent me a refusal letter. Here is the exact URL…

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think it is probably something used inside the company.

I think it is probably something used inside the company.

I know, but that is what makes it even more mysterious. :?: :cool: :?:

It would be cool if this domain was reserved for the release of some future product named 'gtools'. However, I strongly doubt that that is the case.

Well, corp.google.com is well known as internal Google stuff so they'd have the domain gtools.com if that were the case. gtools.com is registered to someone using a domain regististration cloaking service.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.