I am not new to SEO but still this thing have confuses me and I need a response from someone who can confirm this.

1. Is it worth my time to fill the keyword tags ?
2. Will filling keywords <snip> cause me more problem than to NOT have keywords tags at all ? I am pretty convinced that google has flags for such type of content.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I do believe that keywords have still points. Although it's a little but it can still help.

they are relevent if used correctly. I believe they use the keyword metas to classify or know what your site is about, but not for ranking, IF you misuse them by spamming to many keywords or unrelated keywords i believe you can be penalized. All said, you are safe in just leaving them out. But it is also my belief that Live/MSN does use the keyword tags. So, I use them, but very carefully.

what do you think on my opinion?

It took me ages to work this out but the whole SEO of a page counts. The title, the description, content, and the keywords. And you need to have those keywords right! From the most important downwards.. and don't put keywords that do not relate to that page.

This works because I am getting fantastic results with any new content I add to my website.

they are relevent if used correctly. I believe they use the keyword metas to classify or know what your site is about, but not for ranking, IF you misuse them by spamming to many keywords or unrelated keywords i believe you can be penalized. All said, you are safe in just leaving them out. But it is also my belief that Live/MSN does use the keyword tags. So, I use them, but very carefully.

what do you think on my opinion?

You choose the good decision. Metas are still useful but to have better serp result, you need to build more links on your site.

I am not new to SEO but still this thing have confuses me and I need a response from someone who can confirm this.

1. Is it worth my time to fill the keyword tags ?
2. Will filling keywords <snip> cause me more problem than to NOT have keywords tags at all ? I am pretty convinced that google has flags for such type of content.

1. It is worth yeah
2. No, It wont hurt you :)

For the amount of time it takes to create a list of keywords, why not?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.