It would not be a very wise decision to rush into search engine marketing without having a set of relevant keywords ready beforehand. Search engines are all about keywords. The web surfer type in their search in the form of keywords and the search engines show results analyzing the relevance of those keywords in the web world.

A website that wishes to rank itself in the search engine result pages, must have their most related keywords ready before they begin their Search Engine marketing program. These set of keywords are usually segregated into the primary, secondary and other related key words or phrases which best match the core content of the websites. Many web masters also tend to optimize their website with, keywords based on their products, services or content.

The selection of a wrong or unrelated set of keywords will hamper the traffic flow of your website and will inversely affect the conversion rate of the site. It is also important to choose high demand keywords as your relevant keywords. High demand keywords on the search engines are those keywords that are most commonly searched by the surfers. Selecting less popular keywords again will not be effective in attracting influx to your websites.

Another essential thing to remember before making your selection of keywords, is to first decide, what is it that you are expecting to obtain from this marketing campaign. Do you wish to increase your sale or lead, or do you wish more and more people to come and visit your website. Are you doing this campaign only for branding purpose or do you also wish to attain a higher rank in the search engines? Keyword selection for all these purposes varies slightly in nature.

The target audience of a websites also takes active participation in deciding the keyword selection of your site. If you are targeting the youth the key words or phrases shall be more trendy and stylish and latest amongst them, similarly it varies from place to place and country to country too. Implying these simple logistics will enhance your search engine marketing strategy showing effective results in no time.

Considering all these points it becomes extremely necessary that all websites that are planning to venture into the keywords optimization fundamental of the search engines, must do a thorough keyword analysis. Based on your keyword analysis reports you can now decide upon your paid search keyword and organic search keywords. The paid search keywords are generally the most high demand keyword on the internet that are also the top in the list of priority of the website too.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I couldn't decide on a keyword so I went for three.. But one clearly came out on top of the search engines and then I optimized for that... I found it extrememly hard to pin point a keyword and make a decision. But Google and their searchers let me know..

Good post there, jrafique. Keyword optimization, as they say the art of choosing the correct keywords, is one of the most important things related to SEO. Sadly, it's also one of the things people tend to spend too little time on.

as they say the art of choosing the correct keywords, is one of the most important things related to SEO. Sadly, it's also one of the things people tend to spend too little time on.

You are very much right. If you don't know your keywords you can't compete.

I agree keyword analysis place main factor before deciding what keywords to choose for a particular page but my question is how to compete with the highly search volume keywords where competition is too high, for example SEO services, PPC services etc.....

Keith Bolt
Search Marketing Executive

It would not be a very wise decision to rush into search engine marketing without having a set of relevant keywords ready beforehand. Search engines are all about keywords. The web surfer type in their search in the form of keywords and the search engines show results analyzing the relevance of those keywords in the web world.

That's why we need to have the list of primary and secondary keywords before we start to do off-page optimization.

It's easier to just write some keywords that are related to yours, see which ones actually stick, and then revising your website based around those.

to put keywords at right places will helpful to your webpage to rank well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.