So what is your Page rank both of main pages and internal pages? All my internal pages have a PR of 2 and the main index has a PR of 4 not bad for a site which is only 5 months old.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

6 for the homepage. 5 for the forum categories. 4 for most forums. 0-3 for the threads.

So what is your Page rank both of main pages and internal pages? All my internal pages have a PR of 2 and the main index has a PR of 4 not bad for a site which is only 5 months old.

My site had a PR of 4 untill yesterday, when for no apparent reason it dropped to 3?

My site had a PR of 4 untill yesterday, when for no apparent reason it dropped to 3?

Maybe you've lost some backlinks, or some of the people who've been linking to you lost links?

My main site is a PR5, with PR 2-3's on some threads. On other sites, in general the homepage is 1 higher than the internal pages.

There was a backlink update during the first week of January. The first one in quite a few months, too :(

so that's why you were running round in circles trying to get more backlinks! ;) kidding
Mine was 5 and 4, now it's 3 on all top level pages, 2 on sub pages.

I think I got 1-5 and a 7, but I dont much track it... would like to get an 8 just because thats hard... but it may be nearly impossible with my current site format

PR7 for one of my clients. How? A link from Apple's site probably did the trick. (Apple's homepage = 10/10, page with link = 7/10)

Avi A. Wilensky

PR7 for one of my clients. How? A link from Apple's site probably did the trick. (Apple's homepage = 10/10, page with link = 7/10)

Avi A. Wilensky

:p How did you line that up?

I have PR6 on the main, a bunch of PR5 and hundreds of PR4, PR3, etc.

I'm buying a few PR8 as my goal is to have at least a PR7 for the next month.

It would be the first site in my target area with a PR7. :mrgreen:

Whoa, good luck with that Tapanti! How much do PR8s go for nowadays, if you don't mind me asking? Now this thread is getting me all depressed with my low-on-the-totem-pole PR6 ;)

Whoa, good luck with that Tapanti! How much do PR8s go for nowadays, if you don't mind me asking? Now this thread is getting me all depressed with my low-on-the-totem-pole PR6 ;)

Thank you! I'm still waiting for the next Google BL & PR update to see what happens, but honestly, the PR value is not very important to me, since I'm getting top positions for most of my high level target keywords. For me, having a high PR is more kind of an ego trip.

The price of the PR8s nowadays can vary very much from place to place, but the minimum price will hardly be below $200 per month for a single-page text link. But some sites charge up to $500 for a link like these.

But on the other hand, there are a few tricks that can get you a few PR8 backward links for free! And since this is a learning forum I don't mind sharing a couple of them with the community.

The 2 examples I'm going to give just require a few hours of work and some creativity.

1- Go to spreadfirefox.com, register if you haven't yet, and contribute by submitting a wall paper, some artwork, etc. You can put a link to your web site on your profile, but you have to contribute in order to have a link from a public place to your profile, and allow spiders to find it. Profiles on spreadfirefox.com have PR8. Of course; it would be great if you also help SPREAD FIREFOX!

2- Go to csszengarden.com and contribute by creating a design. All designs submitted have a link to the page of the creator and they are PR8. And boy… you can learn serious CSS from that place! There are some simply astonishing designs.

You have no idea the difference a couple of PR8s can do to your SE positions.

Hope this helps, and if you have some other tips like the 2 previous, please share.

PR5 on most major content pages and index page. PR4->PR2 for forum pages. Of course PR doesnt matter a damn unless yer selling links on your page or if you're a member of the digitalpoint ad network.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.