tiger86 16 Posting Pro

I was reading Google Blogs when I saw that they have released a new Google Desktop. I have never used Google Desktops before so I decided to try it out. I downloaded Google Desktops and I wanted to personalize my news. I Was expecting it to let you pick from categories to personalize your News from but instead it instantly knew what I wanted to see!

I was shocked at how much information Google retains of your internet use. I had searched for “Pirate’s Days” about a month or two ago and an article about pirate’s days ended up in my personalized news. The amount of Hard Drive Space Google needs to Retain months of searches by everyone who uses Google would be a very large figure that I can't imagine.

Google Desktop may be giving you a peek at what the Google Operating System for desktops will look like; a rich interactive platform using widgets, your search habits, and your personal files. I think a Google Operating System could be “The Windows Killer.” Right now a Google Operating System for Desktops is just based upon speculation and rumors; as I wrote about in an earlier blog Google has approximately 100,000 servers working at any given time. I am hoping that all the servers will be used for holding widgets and data for users of the Google Operating System.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.