Hi :)

How does a higher rank of a website helps in the business?

I think higher rank only help in search engine optimization service. I am new in this field , so please help me to understand everything.:)

Professional website design

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

a higher rank means you have more links and hence more traffic coming to your site. This benefits your business as you will then get potential clients.

a higher rank means you have more links and hence more traffic coming to your site. This benefits your business as you will then get potential clients.

That is so untrue. Most links built in an effort to attain higher PR aren't meant for people to click at all. Having more useless links than your keyphrase competitor does not mean you'll gain a larger volume of traffic to the web pages than he, nor does it mean gaining more business for the owner.

In order to get qualified visitors (people looking for your product or service and finding you in their search results) web pages need to rank highly in the search engine results pages for keyphrases that people are searching for. PR has very little to do with where the search engine positions web pages. PR is only one factor in a thousand that the search engine uses to determine which are the best webpages for a search.

Qualified traffic is what makes the telephone ring. Gain qualified traffic in an honest fashion (by optimizing your webpage elements and its content) and you'll sleep good at night.

I think higher rank only help in search engine optimization service. I am new in this field , so please help me to understand everything.:)

Hello.
A higher rank of a website does just that: it allows people to more easily find you, IF they search for the right words.
When you use a blog, you use tags, which a search engine like Google picks up on, along with the actual text. By searching the right words you can come up with the website you're looking for.
That's why in some cases it's more important to have actual text than links and pictures.
Here's an example (thanks to FeedjitLive, who tracks who looks at my blog and how):
By searching "Canadian identity quotes" on Google, you come up with an array of websites, but my blog is second on the list, before all these other fancy websites. That's because I happened to have the right words there, and my blog showed up as being one of the ones with "the most relevance."

I think you are talking about google page rank. Getting high google page rank is all about the inbound links you have. But a high google page rank does not mean that you will be at the first page of search engine. Concentrate more on SERP's then page rank. But high page rank can give you good advertisement and you can cash high page rank in different ways.

I think you are talking about google page rank. Getting high google page rank is all about the inbound links you have. But a high google page rank does not mean that you will be at the first page of search engine. Concentrate more on SERP's then page rank. But high page rank can give you good advertisement and you can cash high page rank in different ways.

Yeah, sorry, I was being specific with google page ranking. But the system is the same for most web search engines.

see PR is important factor of all the site like business,car, automotive etc. Its help you in maintaining your site and also important in reputation to words the people.......

The main reasons that you take a business online is either to sell a product, sell a service, or provide information about a product or service. If a website rank high in SE, there are chances of good conversion rate

I think a high pr could help you have a good position on search engines.And it could make your other site also have a good pr.

Wholeale Electronics

Higher Page rank is mainly used to get huge traffic and attracts webmasters to link to your site. Probably, if the visitors are more the business you will get more.

You must rank high on SERP to gain mo traffic on your site..

Very True... Page rank doesn't matter, if you rank well in SERP then definitely you will get enough visitors for your sites.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.