I am in the process of selecting a shopping cart to use for an online storefront. Yahoo stores is appealing although I had some concerns about whether using their templates or their shopping cart would interfere with the SEO of the my store.
My question: Will using Yahoo Stores make it harder to optimize my website for search engines? Or will it limit the effectiveness in any way?

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by InsightsDigital

Very good question. I recommend you to find a site that has Yahoo Stores and then ask the site's owner for his/her opinion. Also, try to find one naturally online

I find that using Yahoo Stores will NOT negatively impact your SEO. I have also seen yahoo stores rank extremely well in the SERPs.

Bottom line.. as long as you can control the meta tags and on-site content, and conform to universally accepted web standards, you will be able to successfully optimize each page for the search engines.

Edited by jay 11: specification

I agree with Jay. Just after I saw this post, I looked online for certain home stuff and tada - I found a few sites on the first Google SERP page that were powered by Yahoo Stores so it confirms with me that it does not matter.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.