Hi all...

We all know about keywords and keyword density....but what is keyword prominence and how does it helps in SEO?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Prominence is how close to the start of the area that the keyword appears.
If a keyword appears at the beginning of an area, its prominence will be 100%.
If a keyword appears in the middle of an area, its prominence will be 50%.
So use your important keywords in the top of the web page when optimizing for search engines

I think that how prominent a keyword is within your content is how many times it is repeated/mentioned throughout the copy.

In my own experiences, keyword prominence would relate to keyword density plus the keyword position in your title tags, meta description tags and page contents.

Have a nice day,

Yes, keyword density. That's what I meant. The ratio of the keyword to the rest of the words/phrases in the content. How often the keyword is repeated within the content.

Yes, keyword density. That's what I meant. The ratio of the keyword to the rest of the words/phrases in the content. How often the keyword is repeated within the content.

No, its not about keyword repetition. Keyword prominence refers to the position of the keywords in the text. If you use your keywords in the beginning of the sentences, the keyword prominence is higher. Higher keyword prominence is better.

Thanks for sharing wonderful article

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.