Hi everyone

When I start a new web site promotion project one of the first thing, of course, is an anlysis to determine the most searched for keyphrases that are relevant and industry specific to the web site. I do this using the traditional tools available from the search engines themselves. We know it is practically useless to build a web site around keyphrases that have little search frequency.

Various tools provide various results. I find that I frequently end up having to change my target keyphrase strategy after a few months when I realize that the web site is targeting the wrong market. Some of my problem results from not understanding the psychology of the web searcher. What was his/her motive for performing the search and what was he/she really looking for.

Does anybody have a proven method in determining what keyphrases will be successful is generating leads? It is one thing to get top rankings for a challenging keyphrase and provide the visitor with a friendly web presentation but this is becoming insufficient for me in gaining new business for the client.

Any suggestion would be seriously considered and greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Another way to ask the question :

Anybody know where I can do a keyphrase search trend reports for the past year? I am looking for peak search periods for specific keyphrase searches not found in standard "top" keyphrase search trends reports.

I have been looking for something like this for a while with no success.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I find that I frequently end up having to change my target keyphrase strategy after a few months when I realize that the web site is targeting the wrong market.

Hi canadafred,
If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying you know how to do a keyword analysis, and that you want to "re-optimize" your pages for different keywords, depending on the amount of searches for any given time period, for any given keyword.

That is the wrong approach. Just do your initial analysis, choose the keywords that best describe the site you want to optimize for, and stick with it. If you need to optimize for new terms, then just optimize other pages, or create new pages. Otherwise you will lose the SE ranking for all the effort you put into your initial optimization effort. I hope that helps:-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.