Sprinkle your keywords through the content, but how much is enough, especially for a web page. I am planning to redo our website content, so am focusing on this aspect, how many keywords should I include in a page of 400 words.

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

The formula for this is easy.

w+kw=t

words + keywords = total words

Another way to look at this common SEO conundrum ... the number of keywords that should be included in the sum total of all words is directly proportional to the number that will be included.

... I could complicate this a bit further ...

In other words, it will amount to be precisely no more or no less than the total number of actual keywords. As the ratio between words and keywords variates only slightly between authors, factoring in all the other elements that could influence the average total number of repetitions per author causes my formula to differentiate exponentially according to the sum of the average total keyword frequencies.

Sprinkle your keywords through the content, but how much is enough, especially for a web page. I am planning to redo our website content, so am focusing on this aspect, how many keywords should I include in a page of 400 words.

as far as i know you have to use 5%-7% keyword in your post whatever else it is 400 words or vise versa.

thanks

as far as i know you have to use 5%-7% keyword in your post whatever else it is 400 w

Write an article for the users, let the keywords occur naturally. Don't try to include the keywords forcibly, you'll get the desired number of keywords automatically. The articles written for users are more natural and contain the exact number of keywords than the articles written specifically for the search engines.

There should be 2 to 4% of keyword density in an article of 400 words.

I suggest you will need 300 words with 5 keywords and 3 anchor text on it. You do not need 400 words to your website, you will be needing that in article submissions and guest writing.

Any keyword should be repeated only 4 times in any web page..

You can include your keywords 4-6 times in 400 words article, as it result very keyword density

3% to 8%, the keypoint is let the keywords naturally layout in the content.

Well I think you have to include one keyword in each paragraph of your content this will give you more benefit.

They all mean you can repeat a single keyword 5 to 7 times in 400 words

if you have 5 totally different keywords then you can use 1 keyword 5-6% in a page

Keep your main key phrase density at least 4% within entire paragraph. Here is the exact density formula.

Density = ( Nkr / ( Tkn -( Nkr * ( Nwp-1 ) ) ) ) * 100. where Nwp = the number of terms in the keyphrase

Experts says that you should keep your keyword density upto 7%. But i would recommend you should use 5% max. Do write in proper english that is searched in search engines. Search engine will autometically fetch your keyword and index it. No one can guaranty that their keyword will come first page of search engine. So keep writing articles that has less competitions. Your each keyword will show up in first page of search engine.

you may insert 5% - 7% keywords of total 400 words in a page containing 400 words.

It is good to keep your keyword density between 2%-3% within the web content.

I suggest you the 4% keyword in your contant of 500 words , according to thins manages the whole page

Keyword density is only a small factor when it comes to ranking in search engines. I think what you should do first is write a meaningful and informative article. Then you can read it and strategically place few keywords. There is no hard and fast rule about the keyword density percentage, but in general stick to around 5% for a single word keyword.
And then add some variations of that keyword to make it more relevant.

Thanks for sharing the information. Its helped me a lot.

I don't know but Wikipedia sprinkled keyword throughout it's content, and it seemed to top most Google results. Well, maybe it all ends up to how you use the keywords then, and depends upon your objective? hmm., But then again, I personally minimize the keyword on the content of my articles, not wanting to trigger anger to the end user, because IMO, they tend to be irritated with blogs that contains too much links,. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.