Hi all,

As we know that Search Engine Optimization is one of the main requirement for websites to generate organic traffic. For this purpose people have discovered many techniques which mainly includes directory submission, social bookmarking, articles submission etc. The purpose of this thread is to deeply analyse the output of these techniques and to show that which methods should be adopted by the owners or SEO's so that a huge and good traffic could be come to the main site.

State your method and we will define together that either it is beneficial or not...

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

search engine optimization is a broad term .
there are several many things in it like directory submission, article submission, blog commenting, forum posting, social bookmarking , content writing etc
in my view a SEO has to know all these things very deeply.

search engine optimization is a broad term .
there are several many things in it like directory submission, article submission, blog commenting, forum posting, social bookmarking , content writing etc
in my view a SEO has to know all these things very deeply.

You are right. I was asking that what techniques should be used...

Lets it cleat more...

Directory submission is very familiar technique which is normally used for SEO. What is your opinion that it should be used or not? ? or it is beneficial or not?

in my view directory submission is a beneficial technique ,
but the submission should be in a very proper and planned way like one should submit into the directories which have high pr on google ranking ,,,
what's your opinion ?.......

In my opinion Directory Submission is 99.9 percent useless thing..

Reason: Directory submission is very old method now. In this modern way when we have p4 and more above computer technology, we avoid the use or P1 because. In the same way DS is a P1 speed technique.

moreover, google actually crawls only do-follow links. so if you want your website ranks high against specific keywords then you have to use different techniques other than that Directory Submission.

i agree with you on the thing that we need do follow links for increasing the ranking of a website .........
but i don't agree that directory submission is a useless thing because most of the directory submission website provides you the do follow links which can be edge for increasing the ranking of your website..,
what you think that directory submission site never provides do-follow links ?
/

directory submission means "to list your business information on a diary". They just gives link to your site instead of giving a do follow link..

i was thinking that the directory submission sites provides do-follow links , but now i agree with you that the links are no-follow ,but i will also discuss a expert regarding this confusion, ,.

i was thinking that the directory submission sites provides do-follow links , but now i agree with you that the links are no-follow ,but i will also discuss a expert regarding this confusion, ,.

Yeah sure... you can consult with an expert. I am sure that his opinion will definitely coincide with me.

There is a 2nd technique which is used for Search Engine Optimization called "Article Submission". What you people think what it is? beneficial? if, then how?

i came to know a new technique of content writing and submitting it to the site to gain back links in these days i am searching on it and i want to know your opinion regarding it

yes Article submission is a good technique,
it can be beneficial for increasing the website rank .
but this technique is difficult than the directory submission.

but this technique is difficult than the directory submission.

That's the point. If the work is difficult than the previous stated it means that this will work more. The consequences of this technique will be more favourable.

Ok. This is clear that article submission is a better way for generation of organic traffic and for ranking the website. Now the question is, how to do this work? ?
Means what points should be kept in mind while doing article submission?

i my view before submitting you should check the quality of the article ,
there are several things regarding the quality of the articles like
article should be of proper length, material of the article should be relevant to the topic, there should be no grammatical and spelling mistakes in your article
so that they will attract reader's

I agree with you.. your states precautions are about article writing.. "proper paragraphs, key density and keyword relevancy, content relevancy, links to main site ETC"

There are many points which should be kept in mind about their submission but not writing....

people are used to submit their single article to 100s of websites which is 100 percent useless. Write article and submit it to at most 5 websites....

"Hyper link the keyword" is the main part in article submission. Be sure that you have linked your website and also sure that your article will relevantly present your website.. (e.g. write an articles about mobile and make link to a cars website could be a non relevancy and article can be disapproved)

i like your point that submitting a article to 100 or more websites which have low pr is a useless ,
on the other hand if we submit the article on 10 to 15 websites which have 5 or more pr will be most useful than the 100 ...........

i like your point that submitting a article to 100 or more websites which have low pr is a useless ,
on the other hand if we submit the article on 10 to 15 websites which have 5 or more pr will be most useful than the 100 ...........

yes.. but remember that you have to create account on these websites with same author name. If you use different names then your article will not approved by the multiple sites because they will make a restriction that "the article have published before" or "duplicate content".

In my openion,
To learn SEO technique you need hard practice with practically, perform tasks on different ways ie various forum with participating. Again I say only & only best practices, there could be some different results for different niches but you need to hunger for SEO, watch video on youtube google stuff make their comparison and participate in discussion.
At last regularly participating in forum in seo segments.

In my openion,
To learn SEO technique you need hard practice with practically, perform tasks on different ways ie various forum with participating. Again I say only & only best practices, there could be some different results for different niches but you need to hunger for SEO, watch video on youtube google stuff make their comparison and participate in discussion.
At last regularly participating in forum in seo segments.

This is good that we need to practice hard if we need to produce favorable results but this hard working and struggle should be in a directed way. e.g. As stated above, one article submitted to 4-5 article directories is much much better than to sent it to a bulk quantity of sites. The time you will consume for submitting single article to a huge of sites could be used for writing other articles and their submission.

You can go for article submission, blog submissions and social networking. These greatly help you to optimize your website.

You can go for article submission, blog submissions and social networking. These greatly help you to optimize your website.

Will you be kind enough to explain it in a little more detail?

Thanks

all of them are correct but use manual work

Directory submission is vital part of SEO. This is because you get a permanent link to your website whereas in Article submission you do get a backlink but it is temporary.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.