I have a India based company's site,whose server is located in USA.I have optimized it for all countries.

When i search for a keyword in google.co.in it position in SERP is higher than position in Google.com.

what i know is that search engine consider the location of server for ranking.So my site's position in Google.com's SERP pages should be higher than google.co.in?

Please clear me this concept.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Your Rank in SERP Can Increase Even with a Low or No PageRank. I would say that your SERP ranking is much more important now in getting your site seen. Before you know it, your PageRank will catch up as well.

As far as PageRank is concerned it determines the position of a page on the basis of its importance and links it has either it is voted by other websites or it itself cast vote for other sites it is basically a link analysis algorithm and in the execution of this algorithm only links of a website to other websites are considered and not the server it belong to.. I hope i made my point cleat :)

Your Rank in SERP Can Increase Even with a Low or No PageRank. I would say that your SERP ranking is much more important now in getting your site seen. Before you know it, your PageRank will catch up as well.

As far as PageRank is concerned it determines the position of a page on the basis of its importance and links it has either it is voted by other websites or it itself cast vote for other sites it is basically a link analysis algorithm and in the execution of this algorithm only links of a website to other websites are considered and not the server it belong to.. I hope i made my point cleat :)

PR has little or no effect on ranking.

IP addresses (web host servers) can influence ranking significantly.

I have a India based company's site,whose server is located in USA.I have optimized it for all countries.

When i search for a keyword in google.co.in it position in SERP is higher than position in Google.com.

what i know is that search engine consider the location of server for ranking.So my site's position in Google.com's SERP pages should be higher than google.co.in?

Please clear me this concept.

I'll go out on the line on this one ... I would suspect your keyphrase contains the word "India" and that the word "India" is liberally peppered throughout the webpage. I may be wrong.

Some reasons i can come up with are - this may be because there is less competition to the keyword in india or the second reason can be the one that is mentioned by canadafred. You must be doing most of the submissions and seo activities through an indian ip.

I'll go out on the line on this one ... I would suspect your keyphrase contains the word "India" and that the word "India" is liberally peppered throughout the webpage. I may be wrong.

That's right. I'm sure if you scan your page content, there will be some mention of the word India.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.