I was wondering where there were other forums like this one. I really enjoy DaniWeb. There is one other forum that I really enjoy too, and its dofollow, called [SNIP - promoting my own forum] Forums like these are the reason I have helped get my site to where its at. I know there are a lot of great forums out there, but when do you stop at spam?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

well there are many other forums of high pr but Daniweb is amongst the best one

You can visit warriorforum and v7n for great info from forum like daniweb.

commented: V7N agreed is fantastic +0

There are lots of forums. V7N was mentioned, and then of course there's SitePoint, WebmasterWorld, Digital Point, etc. The list goes on and on.

Each one has its own unique rules and regulations. Some are nofollow, some aren't. Some have amazing content but don't allow you to mention your site by name. Some don't allow signatures and some do. My advice would be to be active for a decent amount of time in all of them, and then devote your time to the ones you feel are the most beneficial for you.

In my case, I get the most value out of the ones that don't allow you to mention your site by name, or are behind a login wall (i.e. you need to be logged in to see any content, and they are not indexed by Google at all). These tend to give the best value in terms of quality, because people are posting for the sake of truly learning from each other instead of just to gain a backlink.

commented: lets face it, the majority don't, and are fully of people who cant speak english and are looking for cheap backlinks +0

Yes i also use digital forum and Daniweb.These are good for getting updated information.By posting your problem you can learn alot....:)

There are many other good forums like Geekpoint, sitepoint, tomshardware, cnet etc.

Some are nofollow, some aren't. Some have amazing content but don't allow you to mention your site by name. Some don't allow signatures and some do. My advice would be to be active for a decent amount of time in all of them, and then devote your time to the ones you feel are the most beneficial for you.

commented: install seoquake to your browser and it lets you know if its no follow straight away +0

V7n is going with very high speed , as compared to others

commented: high usership aswell, some really clever people +0

list the emerging trends in information technology

Dani web is good for learning but all links are no follow - which is fair enough, as forums get a lot of spammers.

V7N and site owners forum is good

yes i agree with you daniweb is best forum site you get lots of useful information.
thanks

daniweb nice website for forum posting and gaining knowledge
thanks

Daniweb is also the one of the best forum website to learn a SEO, developing and web designing also.

Dani web is good for learning but all links are no follow - which is fair enough, as forums get a lot of spammers.

Links within posts are nofollowed, signature links don't even show up if you're not logged in (so search engines won't see those at all), but your one link to your homepage in your member profile is NOT nofollowed.

Update: Fast forward 6 years, and member profiles are now robots.txt'ed due to Googlebot crawl budget.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.