Today i saw one quite interesting website. It's owner claims that he will give a half a million dolars to one who helps him to earn 1 million. Anyway, i need someone's opinion, what do you think is it for real?

http://www.halfmehalfyou.com/

It could be just a way of marketing his site. Doesn't say much except to come back in 5 days.

Yeah, that's true, but i'm still a lil bit curios...But than again, it's half a mil, it could be a fraud.

Yeah, that's true, but i'm still a lil bit curios...But than again, it's half a mil, it could be a fraud.

Okay what he is proposeing is his own homemade affiliate program. The way an affiliate program works is you Select a company and become an affiliate advertiser for that company ( that means join their program ) then when any of the visitors to your site click on their ad and go to their website, and does whatever it is they want done. (buy software, take survey, vote for president, etc,,, ) then you get the going rate for the affiliate program.

now when you have enough money in your affiliate account the company will send you a check for that amount. It works well and is being used all over the net.

now as to whether his half million dollar offer is any good, you gotta ask yourself several questions.... first of all ... do you actually trust him to send you .5mill when he gets all his money.. second how much work is going to be involved in makeing him his million... third if you're willing to do that much work ... well forget him ... make your own million... fourth if what he is doing is ethical and legal why not open an affiliate program and offer it to thousands of websites instead of just one individual... most affiliate programs offer 5%, 10%, 25%, or even 40% payoff to their advertisers so why would he offer 50% if he can get the help much cheaper...

I think just hearing what he is offering and how he is offering it ... he wants to buy a cow with 6 magic beans... run !!!

The competitor with the highest number of clicks wins???

Whoes to say he wont just make up a fake competitor when he finally gets his million. That fake competitor being him.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.