Dude, you do realize this isn't something you can debate? There can't be a convincing of someone when it all is public knowledge and public record. Everything I said is a fact. I don't know why you are finding this all hard to believe. You can actually look it all up and see for yourself.

Could be right about the 301 thing, o well, ill be redoing the entire folder structure anyway pretty soon. It is just a test site and ill kick it out of the index before I redo the entire thing. By by supplementals;)

It is slowly indexing the www site, maby a robots deny on the non www site could do the trick. Got to sort that out.

Sign up for Google Webmaster Tools. It allows you to choose the 'www' version automatically with no redirect required. It is the recommended way to do it with Google.

Already done that even before the 301 redirects. The thing is i want to completely remove the non www version from the index. And google does not seem to want to do this;)

On a side note: 301 seems to work like a link, for an other project we had a test site on domain x ( it was our new site but you could only view specific test content connected to domain x). Nice content but when we launched our new version that domain was reincluded in the domain pool ( type in traffic ). The content exists on the new site but is not linked, you can only get to it by going to domain x and following the redirect ( bug this still existed ) Now google is idexing the content for domain x on our main site:) The content should be orphaned but with the 301 from domain x its not... Any thoughts on this? O and it is ranking+bringing us traffic and not supplemental.

Sign up for Google Webmaster Tools. It allows you to choose the 'www' version automatically with no redirect required. It is the recommended way to do it with Google.

Ok that does not work....
Just put a robots deny on the non www and an allow on the www.
Asked google to remove the non www and now both are gone;) This went realy fast btw, almost within the hour i saw my site dropping on google.nl. It seems google drops supplementals a lot faster as non supplementals. I had to drop a few non supplemental pages lately and this took a few days.

O well I changed my entire site structure anyway so time to start waiting to get back in. No ranking anyway cause of the supplementals. Any other tests any of you would like me to try after i get back in?

It takes a little while to kick in. But, if you're impatient, don't use robots.txt. It can't handle it anyway. Use mod_rewrite:

Options +FollowSymlinks 
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^(www\.|$) [NC] 
RewriteRule ^ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

To go from the 'www' to non 'www' use this code:

Options +FollowSymlinks 
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}//s%{HTTPS} ^www\.(.*)//((s)on|s.*)$ [NC] 
RewriteRule ^ http%3://%1%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

An even easier way to do this is to use Google Webmaster Tools (a.k.a. Google SiteMaps). There is an option to force Google always use the 'www' or to always remove the 'www'.

Sorry but i know all that mod rewrite stuff, done it. The whole site is based on mod rewrite as it should be for googly bot.

It just interesting to see what things do in google, as i said it is just a test site to see if i can get some more insight in the way google does things. The robots thing was very interesting, google says they see different subdomains as different sites, but i just found that different robots on non www and www remove both. I am wondering if the same happens with for example dude.nondiscloseddomainhere.com and www.nondiscloseddomainhere.com

Well a company with "money and brains" should be leaps and bounds ahead of another company that doesn't :) DaniWeb has a very large header (the dropdown menus with links to every forum we cover) and very few supplemental pages for me.

I haven't changed a thing and just got all of my pages and visitors back from supplemental :cool:

I haven't changed a thing and just got all of my pages and visitors back from supplemental :cool:

That sounds like a nice thing, i wish i waited:cheesy: Now all may pages belong to the void:eek: Deindex and waiting to be found again:twisted:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.