What is the best way to to get pure links.....I mean my old inbound links are indexed as supplemental pages, no I lost weightage of all the directory submission I did.

Now I cannot say directory webmaster to remove my link from the page or to a forum, blog webmaster to remove the links.

Visit my website -expertentity- friends I wrote a good content by myself and articles also, but 50% of pages are indexed as supplemental pages.

I really need you suggestions........
What shud I do?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Promote your website. If your content is good you will attract quality links to it. These links will get you out of the supplemental index (assuming they are not supplemental for other reasons like duplicate content, etc.). Links from directories and such have so little value that they really don't help in situations like this. Focus on adding quality content to your site and promoting it as usual.

If you are on a www page than that URL links to a www page or if you are on a non-www page then that page links to a non-www page also take care that you have the 301 redirect from non-www to www in place so that you cannot access anything directly at the non-www locations.

Also if Google bots are having trouble crawling our site? then those pages which are deep enough and are more clicks away from home pages then such pages goes in supplimental results.
Also check your site with 'poodle predictor' and see if you can follow links to some of the troubled pages.

Duplicate content can also be one of the reason for getting pages into supplimental results.

Hi andyf and thanks for the help.

My most pages have a inbound link from home page and I wrote my website content even modified it two times, but it is still same, even some times is change the status.
I use copyspace.com to check the content duplicate. but it is not showing any negative result, I use to submit my website in different directories also.

I have one more question,
If I remove indexed supplemental pages from my website, which is half of my total web pages. is it will help, or should I wait for the good result from google uncle........

Don't remove the pages. That won't solve anything. What happened is normal and nothing to panic about. Simply continually update and promote your website and try to attract incoming links particularly to your subpages. Over time most of these pages will come out of the supplemental index.

Hi andyf and thanks for the help.

My most pages have a inbound link from home page and I wrote my website content even modified it two times, but it is still same, even some times is change the status.
I use copyspace.com to check the content duplicate. but it is not showing any negative result, I use to submit my website in different directories also.

I have one more question,
If I remove indexed supplemental pages from my website, which is half of my total web pages. is it will help, or should I wait for the good result from google uncle........

I agree with stymiee removing pages will not do anything... You just optimize your contents and continue building links... You can also use deep link directories for deep link your pages... Some directories accept deep link submissions...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.