im trying to get my url in search engines so more people join.
how do you?

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

im trying to get my url in search engines so more people join.
how do you?

First You Have to submit your url to search engines then in few days or week your url can be serach in serach engiens

You can do it or You will then once you visit their site. You can start building links first by submissions to high PR directories. You will get indexed fast and work on your way.

Basically the way that search engines will know you exist is if there are links to your website. So make there are links to your website, and then your site will be indexed in search engines. For Google in particular, you can sign up for webmaster tools service for your website (www.google.com/webmasters/tools/) , which allows you to tell them exactly which pages are in your website, thereby directly telling them what pages to index in their search engines.

Yahoo, as well, has a Webmaster Central interface, but I'm not sure of the URL offhand. It should be easy enough to find though.

I said this in some other post,submit your URL to submitexpress.com they submit your URL to several search engines.

You can submit your website url to search engines yourself if you have enough time and a list of search engines where urls can be submitted for free. Otherwise, there are plenty of websites that offer free services to submit urls to various search engines and my opinion is also same as the user who has replied above that you can submit your url to submitexpress and they would submit it to search engines.

Submitting to search engines is the slow way to do it. You need to get a few links from active sites (eg forum signatures) and let the search engines find your site that way.

Andrew

Absolutely - it's all about backlinks.

You dont need to submit to SE its quite a waste of time. If you have links to your site from other websites Google bot will find you.

IBP is a great submission tool - there is a FREE version ;)

IBP is a great submission tool - there is a FREE version ;)

What's the difference between the free version and the paid one?
Is it worth it at all to try to free version?

It has been a couple of years since i had the FREE version. The website in your sig file - is that the one you want to submit?

It has been a couple of years since i had the FREE version. The website in your sig file - is that the one you want to submit?

Yes.

Yes.

lol pay me 10 bucks and I will put it all through my edition of IBP
and I have the legal edition

yeah guys, the "free" version no longer actually posts your website anywhere, they cracked down on that. theres a rumour that the "free" one multiply sends your site out so that you dont get it added to search engines and end up banned

Submit your site to google, yahoo, and msn through their url submit. Also, dmoz and a few other directories will help.

You don't need to manually submit if you have backlinks.

Well when i create a new website i never submit my website to a search engine. I have always let the search engine find me. The bestway is once your website it online and ready you start your link building campain e.g. directory submissions, recip. links, raw links etc. and the search engines will naturally find you. But being found on search engines is a totally different story.

You can submit domain manually to major search engines or place a link on site that gets crawled regularly and the se spiders will pick up your site

you can joing google webmaster tools , make a sitemap for your website, add your website to your google webmaster account, ad the sitemap for this website... and wait 2-3 days, your website will be on google :=)

to have a high SERP you need content, content is the king :)

hi,

I think that the url is nothing but the address, to access in internet.

so what i do is i go to google first.

then i go to gmail, then i type the e-mail
address there,

then i will get my url.

thank you...........

------------------------------------------------------

loysten,

I wonder if this fusion between Google and Yahoo is going to benefit the search engine technology or it's going to slow it down. We know that Google is going to provide technology to Yahoo....but, but....the bigger the better??? Dunno, we just have to wait and see if one gigantic search engine is better than 2 big ones. Hope for the best!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.