So I have been submitting my articles to the major article directories, I think I have a pretty good tactic, but I still haven't seen any traffic from it. Is article submission the way to go, or have you guys found something else out to generate traffic?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Well, if all goes well, the article centers will get your article indexed at some point. If you have created variations you may get lucky that some of them will come up in search phrases... But all this probably takes some time.

Can you tell us more about your articles? Are you writing your own original content or using plr articles? If you are using plr articles, are you modifying them? Is the content interesting and compelling or bland and boring? How about grammar, spelling, paragraphs, logical layout? Did you add a signature box with a link back to your site...? If the article is good and original you won't need any other "tactic" than to submit it!

Are you effectively guiding people to want more information so that they click on your link to find out more of what you have to offer? Much of the time, people don't have a clear and immediate call to action in their resource box and no one clicks through.

Write about people's interest that you feel you are an expert on. Do articles that answer their problems, then use keywords within the body of your article but be sure not to bombard it with keywords. Just make sure that the article you're writing has a relation to your site or is about a service your site offers. I also agree with Hirohurl, create good and original content.

The resource box is usually where you can put a link that people can click to, so use that part to "promote" your site. But don't just put your URL in it, create a phrase or sentence that will make them click it. When I do article submissions, I use anchor text rather than plain URLs.

Using anchor text instead of URLs in the resource box is good advice. Just make sure that the link is pointing to a page that matches the keywords in the anchor text.

So I have been submitting my articles to the major article directories, I think I have a pretty good tactic, but I still haven't seen any traffic from it. Is article submission the way to go, or have you guys found something else out to generate traffic?

Articles great :) hope you have great success with it

just wait some time

Another point is that you should plan your articles around the keyword phrases that you are using on the webpage that you are pointing the article to via the link in the resource box.

i got answer how to promote website by adding link to signature

That's good, but there are more and less effective ways of adding a signature link...

I think the best article have to be:
-original
-article title = article links = your website title
-link to your website from the main of the article text

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.