Another great way of generating quality traffic to your site is through Images that stand out and work online or off-line. The Image has to be interesting enough to catch someone who's not focused on it at the time. Your Image would have your website embedded so the viewers of the Image would have to type it in their web browser to visit your page to see more of what the Image is saying.

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

I wouldn't consider it being quality traffic. You can certainly get more traffic, but more often than not, those visitors are looking for the image only and not content.

Oh Yeah!! With online images you don't have to go to a million places where you posted your images to change them, which will take forever if you had to do just that. However, you can edit all your images from 1 location and your images will be updated instantly or within a few minutes, which saves you a lot of working hours. It also depends on the image hosting company that you are using.

Majority of my traffic was coming from images on my site. That was really a good source of traffic.

Majority of my traffic was coming from images on my site. That was really a good source of traffic.

Yeah!! That's what I'm talking about here. Another good way of sharing your image is using your photo album. I mean we always feel the need to share our photo albums with family and friends due to us having more pictures when they come over again. You can also add a special place within your photo album consisting of these images. People love viewing pictures and will pass them around to other family members without you asking while your images are being viewed by many eyes.

It's even more simpler online because there are many companies that will host your image for you, giving you more power by sharing it with a wide verity of people. I am currently using Photo Bucket to host my images online because allow you to do many things with your images.

I wouldn't call it "quality traffic" because people whos search for image are not quality!! they not view more then 1 page and exit after 1 second

I wouldn't call it "quality traffic" because people whos search for image are not quality!! they not view more then 1 page and exit after 1 second

However, creating an image that you wouldn't have to worry about your viewers duplicating, as long as it's in your business's favor would bring you and your business great success. I mean if they can use your image to get customers once they have enrolled into your company's program this would really be very beneficial to them and your business.

Well, if others would not considered this as quality traffic but for me it is still a good source of traffic.

Well, if others would not considered this as quality traffic but for me it is still a good source of traffic.

Yeah, and it's cheaper when you are using banner advertising services for your eye-catching images that include viewable websites while being displayed.

I noticed one of my image gallery pages receiving more traffic than the article page that relates to it. The problem is those people did not care about the articles and just wanted the images and then let my website. So that meant more traffic but not necessarily better traffic to my site.

Google search engine indexes images in your web pages. When someone uses Google Image Search to find images on the web, what chance does your website have to show up in the search results

Google search engine indexes images in your web pages. When someone uses Google Image Search to find images on the web, what chance does your website have to show up in the search results

In that case it depends on how many places you've posted your images and where you post them. Example: Your image would get a higher ranking than others if it's located on other sites with high rankings.

Well I agree but it all depends on the design and the message

Well I agree but it all depends on the design and the message

That's Very True Too... It also makes a better impact on your success.

There are a lot of people that look for images primarily. Quality images are a really good sourse of quality traffic

you can't only get free traffic but also it helps you in backlinks

you can't only get free traffic but also it helps you in backlinks

That's very true. It's also good to see others who are experiencing the same.

There are a lot of people that look for images primarily. Quality images are a really good sourse of quality traffic

EXACTLY...

good content on your website is always the best way to create traffic. how to? just put useful topics., freebies., great designs and photos and the lay out must be something interesting as well....

thx for sharing
i will try myself

Yes, the question is - will such user convert? I can see some users even download our images :) But what the use?! Unless we are in free entertainment business.

But then again, depending on your target audience, while majority of the traffic might stink some users might stick. :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.