Do you know the reasons why some or almost dofollow transcends to nofollow scheme? Very hard to find or allocate do follow even though I tried searching through internet, only few successful attempts. How could seo be successful in page ranks while in my knowledge a nofollow could only increased traffic?

SNIP

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Its simply because of increased no of spamming and to stop them. Implementing nofollow will drive anyway spammers and keep the site/board clean.

It is said that many blogs are so tired go being used just as a backlink resource.The no follow attribute was introduced as a standard feature of Blogger and WordPress. This took most of the SEO value out of links posted in user comments of blogs.That’s why many people found their comments were rejected.

It is said that many blogs are so tired go being used just as a backlink resource.The no follow attribute was introduced as a standard feature of Blogger and WordPress. This took most of the SEO value out of links posted in user comments of blogs.That’s why many people found their comments were rejected.

thumbs up for this one :lol: it just touchs the point
time for u to reconsider your SEO work

maybe they just tired of beign used as backlinks only

I got the wordpress plugin dofollow and am going to install that to get around nofollow. But it doesn’t discourage comment spam, but it does discourage real comments. I think people do comment when they know they’ll get a little link love.

Yea right but we can't do anything if people want to comment to get backlinks...thats what we did when we wanted clicks on site.

While it actually takes courage to maek your blog from do follow to no follow, as it will directly cause the decrease of traffic for most of the time.I should say so.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.