Has anyone established a best practices document in terms of social media and online community marketing? I have been looking to see what is out there and there is not much. It looks like the social media world is waiting for someone to step up and present a document. Anyone got anything yet?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MktgRob

I recommend reading:
Internet Advertising Board's report on Social Advertising
http://www.iab.net/socialads

Thanks for the heads up. I actually just wrote some guidelines for Linkedin use and profiles for a company I work with and the managers liked what I put together. They had a few concerns but after discussing them I was able to assuage those fears.

I have also developed best practice reports before as well. I have found that the report also need to be put in small digestible format in emails and snippets for others to read and understand it.

I have also developed best practice reports before as well. I have found that the report also need to be put in small digestible format in emails and snippets for others to read and understand it.

In some situations, I agree. But in the corporate arena, a well written, detail oriented doc is best because it will leave very little gray area in defining what is and isn't allowed.

I'm agree with InsightsDigital .
:)

Don't get me wrong, I think that creating an easily digestible document is necessary but I think that it needs to be backed by a more thorough document that covers all areas. It it is not as airtight as possible you are opening yourself or your organization up to potential problems down the road.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.