Has anyone established a best practices document in terms of social media and online community marketing? I have been looking to see what is out there and there is not much. It looks like the social media world is waiting for someone to step up and present a document. Anyone got anything yet?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I recommend reading:
Internet Advertising Board's report on Social Advertising
http://www.iab.net/socialads

Thanks for the heads up. I actually just wrote some guidelines for Linkedin use and profiles for a company I work with and the managers liked what I put together. They had a few concerns but after discussing them I was able to assuage those fears.

I have also developed best practice reports before as well. I have found that the report also need to be put in small digestible format in emails and snippets for others to read and understand it.

I have also developed best practice reports before as well. I have found that the report also need to be put in small digestible format in emails and snippets for others to read and understand it.

In some situations, I agree. But in the corporate arena, a well written, detail oriented doc is best because it will leave very little gray area in defining what is and isn't allowed.

I'm agree with InsightsDigital .
:)

I'm agree with InsightsDigital .
:)

Don't get me wrong, I think that creating an easily digestible document is necessary but I think that it needs to be backed by a more thorough document that covers all areas. It it is not as airtight as possible you are opening yourself or your organization up to potential problems down the road.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.