I started a PTC (paid to click) and other forums few days ago. We have around 23 members right now. To boost things off, I decided to start a referral contest with first place winning $20.

Do you think it would actually work?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I started a PTC (paid to click) and other forums few days ago. We have around 23 members right now. To boost things off, I decided to start a referral contest with first place winning $20.

Do you think it would actually work?

Thanks

If you could give a few more details on how exactly the referral contest works we would be able to give you a better assessment.

Its actually quite simple. Using your ref link you refer members. Those members must have make atleast 10 post before they become your referral.

Contest runs till we get 500 members (or 1000, cant decide)

First winner gets $20 cash in Paypal

Its actually quite simple. Using your ref link you refer members. Those members must have make atleast 10 post before they become your referral.

Contest runs till we get 500 members (or 1000, cant decide)

First winner gets $20 cash in Paypal

One person gets $20 might not be enough of an incentive. You may have to add a few levels of awards to make it more competitive and give people more incentive to refer people. After a few months you could probably reduce it back down to a single winner per week but initially you are probably going to have to offer an expanded prize structure.

PTC business is dead , try something else.

PTC business is dead , try something else.

I don't know that PTC is dead but it is definitely not what you want to base your whole business model on. It is a nice occasional gimmick that you can get away with using to launch your site with along with other activities and you can use it here and there but it is not something you want to bet the farm on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.